Quantcast

Microsoft XP....... IE locks up and another question...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
When surfing the web ie will stop responding and I have to fight to close everything. I've done a virus scan, spy-ware scan, defragment, cleaning out the temp files and nothing is working. Anyone have any idea in what's going on?

Also how do I permanently shut down the start-up programs that I don't use on the lower right of the screen?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Uninstall the programs if you don't need them. If you do need them, poke around in the settings/options to see if there is a way to turn off the startup.

Otherwise: Start/Run, type "msconfig" and hit enter, then go to the Startup tab. Stop programs from there. If there are programs left over that none of these methods get rid of, we can have you poke around the registry.

IE sucks. It's an atrocity. Download Firefox and be happy.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Uninstall the programs if you don't need them. If you do need them, poke around in the settings/options to see if there is a way to turn off the startup.

Otherwise: Start/Run, type "msconfig" and hit enter, then go to the Startup tab. Stop programs from there. If there are programs left over that none of these methods get rid of, we can have you poke around the registry.

IE sucks. It's an atrocity. Download Firefox and be happy.
hey old man, do what the nerd says