Quantcast

Mid-Atlantic invasion of Windrock Day 1 (Pics)

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Hey us guys from DC and Baltimore had our first day at Windrock today. It was awesome. Definately worth the 8 hour drive.

Here are a few of the decent shots we took Saturday. Hope to get alot more on Sunday.

Apr 10, 2006
East TN
Looks like you had a gr8 time. Those are excellent pics. Looks like Joey and the guys have done some more mods to the jumps after the bulkhead. To bad we missed you today. Maybe nextime.

Roodle

Chimp
Apr 24, 2006
Rockville, MD
Anyone ride Sunday?

We got rained out and didn't hit it up when it was pouring this morning/afternoon and the weather report said "100% chance of rain and downpours". Someone tell me the trails were closed so I don't feel like a total tool (only a partial tool for Saturday's comedy stack to bad case of The Fear).

Oh and Windrock, what I saw of it, was quite impressive. Ended up hiking a good bit of the trails filming and shooting stills and Joey's work is A+.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Big thanks to all the guys at windrock for building such awsome trails. We had a chance to ride with a couple locals and meet the famous Joey hard at work. Thanks to Terry, Mark and Rusty for showing us around. The biggest thanks would have to go to Mark's girlfriend Thalia (spelling?) for driving the shuttle all morning, it was definitely appreciated. See you all next time down.
-Jason

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i'm glad you guys had one good day to ride.
too bad sunday was a washout.

thanks for replacing the barricade after your session saturday. that's a big help.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
No prob. We hit those jumps forever after we talked to you. They flow so well its like you cant miss them. You guys have done a stellar job with that whole system. Keep up the good work.
-Jason

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Yeah, thats Dustin on his vp-free ripping it up. That was the maiden voyage for that bike and it took no time for him to settle into it.

Hooj Choons

Chimp
Apr 24, 2006
Reopened...for now.
Yeah thanks for the good riding, people are alot nicer up there than around here. Very surprised at how many atv/jeepers thought what we were doing was crazy.

Anyone know how the guy in the accident is doing?