Quantcast

Mid-Atlantic Photo Thread

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
What frame is the rider in the Blue Full Face helmet riding in the 3rd and 4th photos down?
I'm a SHORT rider (that frame looks prime for me) and usually can spot a mfr's frame a mile away but couldn't recognise the one in the phtoto.
Thanks in advance!

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
What frame is the rider in the Blue Full Face helmet riding in the 3rd and 4th photos down?
I'm a SHORT rider (that frame looks prime for me) and usually can spot a mfr's frame a mile away but couldn't recognise the one in the phtoto.
Thanks in advance!
100% sure it's santa cruz, and I'm pretty sure it's a bullit.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
not an action shot, but a shot of my newly built bike sitting next to what is left of tree trunk that had plenty of action a few weeks ago when it got cut down and drained all my $$.

anyone want to buy a sinister r9 frame + dhx5.0 shock? PM me.

inaugural ride will be this sat. at the shed and then it will be thoroughly broken in during the NE resort tour remix '08.

100% sure it's santa cruz, and I'm pretty sure it's a bullit.
nelsonjm: u r correct that pic (3rd down, blue lid) is a SCB...but alas it is a Vp-Free.

I think the pic in question is from Wisp, on like the 1st or 2nd page. I think that is a Balfa......super short frames for the North Shore hucker-gnar gnar....

speaking of shore gnar gnar hucker...NICE BULID WILL!!! thank the gods u have a trail/free/dh/slopey bike now...there will b no chance of passing BP now?:brows:

DK
C
F,Md.

Last edited:

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
You're right. Exactly the photo(s) I was talking about. Page 2 of the thread The 5th photo down in the post also shows a pretty good side view of the bike as well.
A Balfa, huh? I loved those bikes back when they were being made. I wanted a 2-Step FR for a long time.
Is it a BB7 ? 7" travel?
Anyway. Not trying to poach the thread. I'm just ready to make the jump from the "burly, hardtail, trailbike" category into the realm of the bikes in this thread and am very interested...heading toward a Sinister Gruitr at the moment.
46Chief...can you verify the frame/mfr.?

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
Oh, the one from whisp on the 2nd page? That looks like an older Turner DHR. It's definitly not a balfa bb7... I ride one of these.

The Balfa bb7 has about 9" travel in the rear and has great standover for a short person...like me! Have you seen the canfield brothers formula 1 jedi? If I ever upgrade, that's the bike I'll be looking at for it's standover. If you really like the balfa's design, you can take at the Appalache Real... It's essentially the balfa bb7, but lighter.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Oh, the one from whisp on the 2nd page? That looks like an older Turner DHR. It's definitly not a balfa bb7... I ride one of these.

The Balfa bb7 has about 9" travel in the rear and has great standover for a short person...like me! Have you seen the canfield brothers formula 1 jedi? If I ever upgrade, that's the bike I'll be looking at for it's standover. If you really like the balfa's design, you can take at the Appalache Real... It's essentially the balfa bb7, but lighter.
Thanks for the info. Seriously. It's now clear in the photo. Square downtube, etc.

I miss Balfa....

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Gnar. This photothread is typically the least interesting on here but maybe we can turn it around this fall. I know everybody's been building trail all summer getting ready for shuttle season. . .

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Yeah, but I've had that sprained ankle since labor day so it's just starting for me. . . going to the cabin tomorrow but it will probably be too wet to ride. I'll be diggin though.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Pictures from last w/e after the inaugural run on the Salamander Rock trail with my new ride...the one which replaced my busted Chaparral. Verdict? I like the bike and also the good job I did of editing my flask, etc. out of the pics. :busted:

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
Didn't get to do too much riding this summer, due to some home renovations. I have been working on trying to get my new ride done for the fall, in between work and the house. Here it is, finished today! I'll have to post some action shots soon. Just need to get riding.

Bernie

Attachments

Last edited:

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Didn't get to do too much riding this summer, due to some home renovations. I have been working on trying to get my new ride done for the fall, in between work and the house. Here it is, finished today! I'll have to post some action shots soon. Just need to get riding.
Bernie
sweet build up bernie! i'm glad to see the frame built up... now lets get some action shots!!!

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
I think I'll be out next sunday. I heard there's a group hitting up the shed. Maybe I'll bring it. It should be able to handle most of the runs.

Bernie

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
okay, how far into the mountain do you need to go to hit those awesome spots!?!? ive made it up past sand flats and almost to the manor from gambrill. I really want to hit up some of those spots one of these days when someone would be willing to take me along. I would go exploring, but I dont feel like going alone. haha. so can someone inform me on where this stuff is? thanks!