Quantcast

>>>Mid Effitall GMT<<<

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Trek full stache can run 29x3" tires, but that's likely it.

There are probably quite a few that can do 650bx3" "plus bike" tires if that's your fix.

Most standard tires are now 2.5 or 2.6 which is really pretty fat.
The Maxxis 2.5" WT tires are as about as wide as I would want to go, also IMO the sweet spot for wide tires.

I do run a 2.6" on the back of my hardtail because hardtail.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'd take a stache hardtail with 3" tires because sandwich is weird, but I think 29x2.4-2.5 is the sweetspot personally. Maybe fatter if I was on circus clown wheels like 650b. I experimented with fatbikes and a krampus and came back to full suspension and narrower tires for most use.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
He has dreams....lol

We've also looked at the HighTower and now I will check out the Nomad too.
If you're looking for a Hightower'esque bike, here's the list of bikes I was considering when I bought a new 29er trail bike last year to give you some other ideas.

Forbidden Druid
Ripmo AF
GG Smash
Commencal meta tr29
Evil Offering
pivot switchblade
Banshee Prime V3
Hightower
Nicolai Saturn 14 ST

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Up to mountains:

Either Vacasa or one of the STR people left a giant cooler. Go figure.

Someone broke a vacuum, hmph:

Family hike + green trails at Trestle with 9 year old tomorrow.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hello all

Up to mountains:

Either Vacasa or one of the STR people left a giant cooler. Go figure.

Someone broke a vacuum, hmph:

Family hike + green trails at Trestle with 9 year old tomorrow.
Broken vacuum :stosh:, would not recommend!

That the $350 or $800 version of that vac?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So you remember the HELOC story from a couple days ago? Yeah... well I got the contact information from U.S. Bank for their "Purged Release Team" and sent a request to have them re-send the mortgage release information to our county recorder to remove the lien, since I'm pretty sure that never happened back in 2010.

And I get the wonderful news in an automated reply that they are "experiencing a large volume of incoming requests" and "note that there is a 3week turnaround time."

:rant:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So you remember the HELOC story from a couple days ago? Yeah... well I got the contact information from U.S. Bank for their "Purged Release Team" and sent a request to have them re-send the mortgage release information to our county recorder to remove the lien, since I'm pretty sure that never happened back in 2010.

And I get the wonderful news in an automated reply that they are "experiencing a large volume of incoming requests" and "note that there is a 3week turnaround time."

:rant:
So when the house is repossessed next week, which river will you be living in your truck down by?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Seems like the rain is finally dying off here. Feels like it’s been weeks. It has been weeks. Excited to grt out on the trails again soon.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Just a vacuum? Don't worry... that'll get worse. :D
That's why I have insurance! Going to tally up all the missing things (random napkins and junk have gone MIA) and shoot Vacasa an email in a bit. They should make it right given the insurance and all.

Broken vacuum :stosh:, would not recommend!

That the $350 or $800 version of that vac?
The one up here is/was the cheap version. We have the fancier version in Denver, too, and frankly that one is perceptibly nicer in build and operation. Got it while it was on sale at Costco so it was "only" $450 or something iirc.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
actually have my act together when it comes to packing for vacation. so naturally i have anxiety that i forgot something, and also because this isn't normal.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Got done with my road ride and this furry fella was in my driveway. Too bad the pic sucks as I fumbled to quickly get my phone out of my pocket and then the lens was covered in sweat.

HsEvOxVt7eRho3zZ-KQI1RnFuaYBJkT2gc-xbbdkn1E-1432x2048.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Finally able to drive again, that's nice. No way I'm driving manual for a while though. Had to schedule an appointment because the brace I got originally was giving me fits...but I wasn't sure if I was going to be up for multiple stairs and driving...but went just fine. Even got my Tech 4 at the post office.