Quantcast

#@# mid FTS GMT #@#

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Two hour MTB with the wife yesterday. It sure was a beautiful night. I am taking the day off from work Friday to ride with wife, splat, and a few others and take a Yeti for a demo ride. I am looking forward to that.

I attended a funeral yesterday, which was interesting during the times of Covid. It was invitation only (yay I made the cut!), was just a graveside service with no wake, social distance protocols were in place, and the entire thing was available on Zoom. Lunch after (because that's what Jews do) was also at the graveyard. These are strange times.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

No idea what's on tap today other than the start of a solid week of rain. Not too disappointed we cancelled the camping trip for this weekend.

Cash 4 Junk Cars offered me $150 for Amber, I might take it just to be done. The shop said it would likely be about $500 to get her running again and that doesn't address the issues I have been living with for the last couple years (mainly the antifreeze leaking out of the intake manifold). If running I might get a grand. Ugh.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Two hour MTB with the wife yesterday. It sure was a beautiful night. I am taking the day off from work Friday to ride with wife, splat, and a few others and take a Yeti for a demo ride. I am looking forward to that.
this is good. enough of that running nonsense, go spend more time in the woods on your bike.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
coffee, rolling into the office for a bit, then a little bit of work on bathroom cabinet makeover. need to restock the beer fridge. that's all i got.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Four straight days of bike riding in the dirt... gonna try to make it five today.
It looks nice and clear out there at the moment, hopefully the smoke doesn't come in heavily by this afternoon. Yesterday turned into Chimpex, today might be Floyd...

Two guys descending below Windy Saddle on CX bikes, I'll pass thank you very much. Although I have descended on my rigid 29er...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Also I got stung by a bee on my ride last night. Fucking asshole bee. It was on my side and now it is itchy.
My oldest child is a mosquito magnet, and I recently read a blurb online about this device which is a glorified syringe but gives immediate relief supposedly.

I haven't gotten one yet now the winter is on the way but says it works for bee bites too...

Perhaps you could ask the missus to suck the venom out in the meantime ;)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Waiting for a call from a former boss whether he would be my reference. Last time I asked him was 8 months ago, not sure what to expect. The suspense is killing me.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Work inside followed by work outside. Just a workin stiff doing work.

Waiting for a call from a former boss whether he would be my reference. Last time I asked him was 8 months ago, not sure what to expect. The suspense is killing me.
Any luck in the job search?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Morning Monkeys.

No idea what's on tap today other than the start of a solid week of rain. Not too disappointed we cancelled the camping trip for this weekend.

Cash 4 Junk Cars offered me $150 for Amber, I might take it just to be done. The shop said it would likely be about $500 to get her running again and that doesn't address the issues I have been living with for the last couple years (mainly the antifreeze leaking out of the intake manifold). If running I might get a grand. Ugh.
Can we assume Amber is a car and not your wife?
I think Amber is his old-ass pickup, as opposed to his old-ass C4 or old-ass bread van. :D

Four straight days of bike riding in the dirt... gonna try to make it five today.
Naw - gotta ride mellow "locally" with the wifee this afternoon.

I *will* be riding NTM around 4:30-ish mañana while the kid is soccer-ing if you or @Nick or @6thElement wanna do a "short lap" up there...
Boo-hiss. FT, you in? There'll also be a fairly competent but not super fast guy on his new-to-him e-bike, since I corrupted him successfully.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Strategically avoiding accepting/scheduling meetings or other work-related commitments for tomorrow so "working from home" can consist of a 20+ mile, all-singletrack ride linking 3 trail networks together with a buddy.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I think Amber is his old ass-pickup, as opposed to his old ass-C4 or old ass-bread van. :D
This is my new hobby.

Boo-hiss. FT, you in? There'll also be a fairly competent but not super fast guy on his new-to-him e-bike, since I corrupted him successfully.
Adding another moped to the mix is not selling me on riding with you. It'll be a game-time decision for me, will depend on how bad my case of FTS gets today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If you're free tomorrow morning I'm planning on a (solo at this point) Golden Gate lap. Stretch the work hours!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Can we assume Amber is a car and not your wife?
'92 Silverado 3/4 ton long bed. Bought her with some of the insurance money from the first Corvette. :rofl:

Likely get an '02-'08ish 1/2 ton. The 3/4 ton was nice, but not really required. Then the idea of another Toyota, but would have to be pre-Taco and those have gotten sparse.