Quantcast

>>>>Mid FTS Grump<<<<

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
apparently the key to sleeping is to stay up past midnight. :hmm:

fun show last night, lots of work to do, but I'd love to sneak out for a ride at some point.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Went to a viewing of a long time customer last night. I really don’t like funerals, get me all in the feels.

At office job doing office job shit.
Will be putting more non-gmo corn and non treated soybeans in the soil tonight. I truly enjoy it, but 18hr days start to wear on you after a bit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Don't forget about having work early in the morning or some other planned activity. The days where I have to get up, feel like the ones where I start to get a great sleep, only to be interrupted by that damn sun, alarm or raccoons.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Getting a stealth hitch installed on the new EQB today.

wife has decreed that she would prefer to drive her minivan day to day (because of ease of use/ergonomics for access to the third row in particular). This means that it shall be the Land Cruiser that gets sold unless Carvana will offer me more then my net price for the EQB (recall I’m getting tax credits on it).

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey Brochachos. MIL was staying with us for a couple of days and left today. She's like a ghost, mostly invisible in the house but she does a heck of a job landscaping. I don't know if she saw the kids or not but boy can she lay mulch down. I'm happy because when my wife starts tossing and turning or snoring like a tractor, I can escape to the guest room.

Think I'm going to TT it again tonight. Debating whether to ride my happy little road bike, or the TT bike that I will shortly be replacing. Woody and I should have that built up this weekend.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
sounds like your day is gonna be extra spicy
Two things that are grinding my gears.

1. Received 4 requests to find alternate components to replace parts that are end of life. Parts are still available for purchase in abundant quantities and buying 3 years of parts is cheaper than processing a change order. GTFO and just buy more rather than wasting my time.
2. Supplier merged with another after I had already approved them with no notice. Now I need to approve the new supplier even though there is no change to the parts in question.

I can't tell you how much time I waste dealing with piddly shit like that.

EDIT: make that 3.

3. Supplier is going to run out of parts in 3 months. When did they need to order more so they didnt go line down? 3 months ago. When did I find out about? Monday.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Getting a stealth hitch installed on the new EQB today.

wife has decreed that she would prefer to drive her minivan day to day (because of ease of use/ergonomics for access to the third row in particular). This means that it shall be the Land Cruiser that gets sold unless Carvana will offer me more then my net price for the EQB (recall I’m getting tax credits on it).
wait...
so you bought a $70,000 car basically on a whim, and now might sell it to game your taxes a bit?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
wait...
so you bought a $70,000 car basically on a whim, and now might sell it to game your taxes a bit?
And he just posted in that other thread about how the Land Cruiser might stand a chance of staying in his possession.

:panic:

For the love of hugemanity, save that car! Don't let it go (again) like the ///M5.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I see we were on the same path last night. Up until after midnight with a couple of wake-up's from a noisy fan and Layla making pre-vomit noises. Tired now, but working.

Just realized that I'm about 2 weeks behind my CFP exam prep study, so no more anything beyond work and study. And the work is only going to be the min required work - all other work hours will be spent studying. But I get to commingle a little bit of insurance fighting in there...

So yeah. I'll periodically check in with you guys over the next few weeks. Wish me luck with insurance, because it's looking ugly already. :shakefist: :bonk:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I see we were on the same path last night. Up until after midnight with a couple of wake-up's from a noisy fan and Layla making pre-vomit noises. Tired now, but working.

Just realized that I'm about 2 weeks behind my CFP exam prep study, so no more anything beyond work and study. And the work is only going to be the min required work - all other work hours will be spent studying. But I get to commingle a little bit of insurance fighting in there...

So yeah. I'll periodically check in with you guys over the next few weeks. Wish me luck with insurance, because it's looking ugly already. :shakefist: :bonk:
are you proceeding with the new kart so the kiddo can keep racing (then get paid back from insurance)? or do you have to wait for insurance to duke it out first?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
35°F on the bike ride in this morning. my 100% Briskers weren't quite enough to keep me toasty. at work, and my back is cranky. therefore I am cranky.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
are you proceeding with the new kart so the kiddo can keep racing (then get paid back from insurance)? or do you have to wait for insurance to duke it out first?
We'll see what the shop comes back with for the quote. From there, it's talking with my insurance and theirs. My auto won't cover the kart - we already checked. But they will flat out replace the trailer, no questions. I need to go through home owners for the kart and that is a very steep deductible. So I need to see what my insurance will cover vs. what they expect to get back vs. what Traveler's will offer.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

When are you finally done with the CFP stuff? It feels like you've posted about studying for the test for the last decade.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We'll see what the shop comes back with for the quote. From there, it's talking with my insurance and theirs. My auto won't cover the kart - we already checked. But they will flat out replace the trailer, no questions. I need to go through home owners for the kart and that is a very steep deductible. So I need to see what my insurance will cover vs. what they expect to get back vs. what Traveler's will offer.
good luck with that. would suck to see your kid have to miss out on things b/c of insurance nonsense.