Quantcast

>>>>Mid FTS Grump<<<<

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Getting a stealth hitch installed on the new EQB today.

wife has decreed that she would prefer to drive her minivan day to day (because of ease of use/ergonomics for access to the third row in particular). This means that it shall be the Land Cruiser that gets sold unless Carvana will offer me more then my net price for the EQB (recall I’m getting tax credits on it).
what the hell is a EQB and can you park it on a pile of snow in the winter...?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Not to hate on any one, but spending 50-100K on a vehicle that all you use it for is transportation is nucking futs. :s:twitch:
Have you visited The Car Thread? It's a total wankfest over $200K+ Porsches and the like that are the pinnacle of impractical transportation.

"If I had $120K to drop on a _____ I'd totally daily drive the shit out of it"

Yea, into a guard rail on a rainy day or flipped in a ditch. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
what the hell is a EQB and can you park it on a pile of snow in the winter...?
IMG_8609.jpeg

no articulation, no snow pile shenanigans possible. Smallish electric AWD CUV. 3 rows of seats but low cargo area with them, and access impeded by regular doors.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Have you visited The Car Thread? It's a total wankfest over $200K+ Porsches and the like that are the pinnacle of impractical transportation.

why do you attack Jimmydean’s unrealistic fantasies so

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

i'm almost 40 and am only on my second car. da fuq is wrong with people.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
View attachment 193914

no articulation, no snow pile shenanigans possible. Smallish electric AWD CUV. 3 rows of seats but low cargo area with them, and access impeded by regular doors.
if you would not buy it without the tax credit then it is not worth buying....

id keep the landcruiser if its paid off.

i bet the landcruiser will last longer than the ev....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
i'm almost 40 and am only on my second car. da fuq is wrong with people.
For every 40 year old on their 2nd car, there's a 27 year old who just rolled over their past 3 car loans into an 84 mo 22% APR loan on a base model Camaro or Mustang with yellow air dam tape that will inevitably get rammed into a pedestrian/light pole/random car while leaving a Cars and Coffee.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
if you would not buy it without the tax credit then it is not worth buying....

id keep the landcruiser if its paid off.
Yeah, but I really don’t need 3 cars, more like 1.2. Land Cruiser is paid off, and I’d sell it both for the liquid cash (see: home renovation extravaganza) and because otherwise I’d have to invent cases where I’d use it other than for deep snow day ski days.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, but I really don’t need 3 cars, more like 1.2. Land Cruiser is paid off, and I’d sell it both for the liquid cash (see: home renovation extravaganza) and because otherwise I’d have to invent cases where I’d use it other than for deep snow day ski days.
sorry, you must own more cars than houses. it's the law.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
When are you finally done with the CFP stuff? It feels like you've posted about studying for the test for the last decade.
I mean, it's a master's level program. And I took a longer route that let me pick up adtl accreditations as I went. But my test is July 14th.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
good luck with that. would suck to see your kid have to miss out on things b/c of insurance nonsense.
She won't. I'll step in front of it and gamble how much we might get back, even if I have to front $6-7k. Her race is June 24th and she needs at least the weekend prior to drive it. The kart will take about 3 weeks to get and build, so I effectively have until the end of next week before I just say fuck it and hope I don't get clobbered on the backend.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
wait...
so you bought a $70,000 car basically on a whim, and now might sell it to game your taxes a bit?
yes, this is essentially correct
Yes but same poop different pile. :p

Toshi already sold the Land Cruiser and purchased a Tesla.

Then sold the Tesla and purchased the Land Cruiser back.

i think I have the timeline correct.

:panic:
close. pretty sure I sold and bought back the Land Cruiser while I had the Tesla. (Sold it to and bought it back from my neighbor, if you all will recall.)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i hope he's heckling you constantly for having a TT bike.
This is the second one he's helped me build. It's mostly just fun to stand around and look at bikes while drinking beer, and he's quite handy with cable snips.

On top of that, I'll be blowing off a miserable eastern MA trail ride to go ride in a circle on said TT bike....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is the second one he's helped me build. It's mostly just fun to stand around and look at bikes while drinking beer, and he's quite handy with cable snips.

On top of that, I'll be blowing off a miserable eastern MA trail ride to go ride in a circle on said TT bike....
tell him i said hi.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
mfw
there's a weds group ride he invited me to...they are headed to a place called breakheart reservation:

Could be nothing at this point, but I feel like when there's a million horrible places to ride, why not choose a different one?
Especially since Breakheart isn't even that fun. Unless you poach, a lot of the fun trails in that network are foot traffic only. Kinda like the Fells.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
My FIL and MIL arrive in an hour or so. I'm cooking.

So. Diabetic diet. Not too much butter/oil/any other tasy cooking liquid. Not too spicy! LIke, one clove of garlic is HOT, so HOT! No this that and the other thing...(there is a whole list here...)

I shoulda just ordered pizza.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
My FIL and MIL arrive in an hour or so. I'm cooking.

So. Diabetic diet. Not too much butter/oil/any other tasy cooking liquid. Not too spicy! LIke, one clove of garlic is HOT, so HOT! No this that and the other thing...(there is a whole list here...)

I shoulda just ordered pizza.
Garlic is hot? Wtf? How do you keep hope alive with such tyranny afoot?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I died. Actually my shifter died. Halfway through the time trial. So that was neat. Instead of perfect cadence and ideal power the entire time, I was standing out of the saddle. Derp

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Got a "road race" tonight. Lots of potholed dirt roads. My road bike looks a lot like a fat bike.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Two things that are grinding my gears.

1. Received 4 requests to find alternate components to replace parts that are end of life. Parts are still available for purchase in abundant quantities and buying 3 years of parts is cheaper than processing a change order. GTFO and just buy more rather than wasting my time.
2. Supplier merged with another after I had already approved them with no notice. Now I need to approve the new supplier even though there is no change to the parts in question.

I can't tell you how much time I waste dealing with piddly shit like that.

EDIT: make that 3.

3. Supplier is going to run out of parts in 3 months. When did they need to order more so they didnt go line down? 3 months ago. When did I find out about? Monday.
My company is having supply chain issues after an attempted increase in production rates. The problems are partly due to no one telling our suppliers that we were going to increase rates.