Quantcast

>>>>Mid FTS Grump<<<<

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Getting a stealth hitch installed on the new EQB today.

wife has decreed that she would prefer to drive her minivan day to day (because of ease of use/ergonomics for access to the third row in particular). This means that it shall be the Land Cruiser that gets sold unless Carvana will offer me more then my net price for the EQB (recall I’m getting tax credits on it).
I put one on my BMW
01b941fe206cdd9782cbf7c82f518614bf1f4f9a00_00001s.jpg
019eb7a5f6be5a686d8afc97ed69964e3f08afdd08.jpg
01485b58075d49c118d593cf944c92402cb41a21c8.jpg
012294617d7a8c3c85f29a52ce19c61096d8878750.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
My company is having supply chain issues after an attempted increase in production rates. The problems are partly due to no one telling our suppliers that we were going to increase rates.
Unforseeable, really. There was no way anyone could have predicted that.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Got the Rav4 stuck. 4 inches of mud is outside the limits of traction for a Rav4. Just so you know. Slid down the hill and came to rest on some vines I pulled down. Missed a tree stump and a ditch by inches. Tow truck was $100. He warned me to get out all the Mud stuck up by the exhaust. As it will turn concrete after it dries. I went to the spray booth and washed it down for good measure. There was a lot of mud under there. I made a huge mess at the spray booth. Home now thankfully.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Was planning on going fishing at the lake with the camper this weekend. Ruth demanded that I get the new receiver hitch installed before hand so I did. My existing rear camper tie downs are not compatible FUCK. Ordered the correct ones mid day from the MFG. paid for overnight shipping fedex. 2030 and no email tracking number has been transmitted. I really don't want to tent camp but dammit I am going fishing

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Was planning on going fishing at the lake with the camper this weekend. Ruth demanded that I get the new receiver hitch installed before hand so I did. My existing rear camper tie downs are not compatible FUCK. Ordered the correct ones mid day from the MFG. paid for overnight shipping fedex. 2030 and no email tracking number has been transmitted. I really don't want to tent camp but dammit I am going fishing
Sleeping on the ground occasionally is good for you.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Got a "road race" tonight. Lots of potholed dirt roads. My road bike looks a lot like a fat bike.
Well, just a few min after I finished a pack of riders was coming and and one clipped another's wheel and then went down hard. Think bad road crash on road... Cut up bad on the face and paramedics called. About 5 cop cars showed up and eventually one fire truck, but amberlamps wasn't there still 20 min later. Headed home, but that kind of put a damper on everything.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Hiking with a full pack, okay, standing in a kitchen not so much. Weird.
The physicality of hiking with a pack probably loosened your back up.

Looking down at the counter and prepping food drops your chin and rolls your shoulders forward - perfect posture for aggravating your back, neck and / or shoulders.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The physicality of hiking with a pack probably loosened your back up.

Looking down at the counter and prepping food drops your chin and rolls your shoulders forward - perfect posture for aggravating your back, neck and / or shoulders.
Thanks, those are good points. Also got so cold in the grocery store that I shivered a bit. So that probably aggravated things by tensing already sore muscles. Should have dug my fleece out of the pack before shopping. Derp

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well, just a few min after I finished a pack of riders was coming and and one clipped another's wheel and then went down hard. Think bad road crash on road... Cut up bad on the face and paramedics called. About 5 cop cars showed up and eventually one fire truck, but amberlamps wasn't there still 20 min later. Headed home, but that kind of put a damper on everything.
I quit road racing after one of those crashes. broken metatarsal, sprained knee, cracked sternum, 5 broken ribs, dislocated shoulder, bone chip right elbow, concussion. not fun

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well obviously I need to move to Cat B, I came in last in Cat A by a few seconds, but I would have been second in Cat B. The hilarity of someone doing it on a fatbike is why I do it. All these guys with fancy gravel bikes so they can have 1 bike for each day of the week and hour. Pavement is like an anchor though for rolling resistance, as long as I can get on gravel my difference in rolling resistance is basically nil. Only about 30% was on gravel/potholes on this one, so mainly road.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I quit road racing after one of those crashes. broken metatarsal, sprained knee, cracked sternum, 5 broken ribs, dislocated shoulder, bone chip right elbow, concussion. not fun
Yeah, this spot made no sense, but going down on the road is absolutely insane. No protection and the surface is unforgiving. This was where the race takes off from a road onto a bike path with a couple cracks/roots penetrating, but it's mainly paved and not real rough for a gravel bike. Speed should have been lower because it was right after a 90 degree. Guy got cut up real bad though.