Quantcast

#^# mid FUkitALL#^#

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Taxes all sent to the accountant. Well see how that goes.

Our office at work is a total shit show. Owner/boss seems to have checked out. He has tried to make two personal lines agents "managers". I'm surprised these two idiots can "manage" to put their clothes on correctly. Might be time to do some looking.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Supposed to head into the office later this morning. Show face, talk to people, generally get absolutely nothing done cause that's what happens at the office. But hey, at least I'll do that in an atmosphere that fosters collaboration so nobody else can get anything done either.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
grumpily completed the "voluntary" company survey last night. god how I hate the "voluntary" but lots of pressure to get everyone to participate activities. I'm fairly confident that my written feedback will be discounted by the powers that be. they seem fairly happy with the illogical and soul sapping things that they have wrought.

on the bright side of life, I have a cup of coffee in front of me that I am consuming. my hometown hockey team is having a lights out excellent season that has been fun to watch. and I don't seem to have hurt myself going on a run yesterday.

happy hump day y'all

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Power is supposed to be out from 8-3pm for repairs from the recent wildfire today. That will make work tricky.

Was planning on riding this afternoon but there's suddenly possible thunderstorms in the forecast from 2pm onwards...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Due to poor sleep the night before, I went to be promptly at 8 and was wide awake at 3:30, ugh. So here I is, in the office before 6. I have a meeting to go over the test plan I haven't written yet, so I might work on that a bit. I now understand why I was hired, I just wish they would have done it like 10 years ago. Sifting through 15+ years of shit is exhausting.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Power is supposed to be out from 8-3pm for repairs from the recent wildfire today. That will make work tricky.
You are welcome to mooch off of my gigabit internet down on the eastern plains if it comes to that

/me is wfh today. Was supposed to have a tv mounted but the contractor spazzed and rescheduled. Going to drop off Baby Aya via e-bike soon

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Woke up at 5am for no reason, WTF. At least the weather looks nice today, Imma go ride a bike this afternoon.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Added a test plan, outlined 10 new test cases I will flesh out with the dev on Friday and created a test run example in this awful application (TestRail). I'm hoping with a few changes I can clean this all up. You know where to find me. :drag:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
everybody gets fancy until it gets fixed.

It is gorgeous out today, so I rode my bike in to work. Absolutely amazing commuting on the bike path. A little scary before and after, but chirping birds, sun reflecting, happy people. 12/10 five stars would ride again. Also I forgot my underwear so I got that going for me.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
in the office day. first nice biking weather of the year @ 10°C (50°F). swapped out my studded tires for 'normal' ones yesterday, it's astounding how much smoother the ride is. it's like I had the wind at my back!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
an old buddy / coworker reached out to me last night. he finally got his adaptive ebike (he's paraplegic) and is looking for some local trails to ride, and for people to show him around. gonna get him connected with some other people i know to show him around too.

for anyone curious this is what he got:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Good morning monkey men and women. Dusting of snow on the ground, but it’s sunny out. Coffee is tasting extra good. Walking the kids to the bus stop in a bit then maybe chores but maybe not.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Coffee and studying this morning, now it's time to strap it on for work.

Did a light 45 minutes on the trainer last night. I've come to absolutely hate the trainer, so I'm actually going to ride a bike tomorrow evening.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
THE SUN IS OUT MY LOVES AND WE'RE GOING FULL BIKE GANG ON THE PATH TONIGHT WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

In other news, I'm on day x+1 of trying to explain to people that you don't have to download Power Bi reports every single time the data changes, refresh and then publish the report again. I think some people just like wasting time....

Anyways, coffeeing it now. Oh look at that, its already almost 12pm.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
wife has asked more than once now if we should get a bigger one. i told her when we finish the basement yes. our basement is dark enough that a projector would be a viable option, especially when getting into those larger sizes.
OLED is The Way. such black blacks. and the fancy new G3 gets bright, too.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
finishing the basement is at least a year or 2 out, we'll see where prices & tech are at the time.
things to consider:

- projectors are inherently a bit noisy even when nicely ceiling mounted
- don't have the black blacks
- none have Dolby Vision afaik

Physical 4K disc + Dolby Vision enabled Blu-Ray player + Dolby Vision enabled OLED.

(if you haven't been following along with the standards, HDR10 == high dynamic range but one set of metadata regarding gamut levels, etc. for the whole movie. HDR10+ is a 10 bit per the name attempted extension to have dynamic metadata, such that different scenes can have different lighting and thus be handled better by TVs that can't render the entire gamut, which is all TVs. Dolby Vision is a proprietary but fairly widespread 12 bit system with dynamic metadata, the better technical solution and one that actually has discs available in its format, etc.)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
things to consider:

- none have Dolby Vision afaik

Physical 4K disc + Dolby Vision enabled Blu-Ray player + Dolby Vision enabled OLED.

(if you haven't been following along with the standards, HDR10 == high dynamic range but one set of metadata regarding gamut levels, etc. for the whole movie. HDR10+ is a 10 bit per the name attempted extension to have dynamic metadata, such that different scenes can have different lighting and thus be handled better by TVs that can't render the entire gamut, which is all TVs. Dolby Vision is a proprietary but fairly widespread 12 bit system with dynamic metadata, the better technical solution and one that actually has discs available in its format, etc.)
like i said, i'll look into things when its time. might just come down to whatever is on sale at costco

:homer:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
things to consider:

Being noisy does suck.

Black really isn't a problem with current movies, they are so dark you can't see half of the movie anyways.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Damnit, whoever owned this VW before me seems to have dumped maple syrup down the front window weather stripping, where they retract into. Stupid sticky mess in there, now that the sun is out heating everything up.

I'm guessing they had the windows tinted at one point and then removed it, leaving behind some sort of residue right at the edge? Maybe? Either way what a pain, the drivers side window seems to think there is a kid with its hand in the window every time I try to roll it up.