Quantcast

#^# mid FUkitALL#^#

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
sounds like pretty typical VW eh
I had a sinking feeling when I first pulled up on the auto-retract window button, only for the window to go down instead. :rofl:

Then I read how that is a common thing, for the calibration on them to go out of sync. So I calibrated them, which kind of fixed it.

But now that its super warm out, I can hear and feel how sticky whatever goop is on the window right where the weather stripping touches the window in the full up position.

Just need to get a razor blade and some how scrape it out...windex didn't even make the residue budge.

Front passenger exterior door handle also requires more force now to open the door, now that its warm. I lubed the latch, but I don't think it did much. That one is odd, it worked perfectly up until Sunday night.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Damnit, whoever owned this VW before me seems to have dumped maple syrup down the front window weather stripping, where they retract into. Stupid sticky mess in there, now that the sun is out heating everything up.

I'm guessing they had the windows tinted at one point and then removed it, leaving behind some sort of residue right at the edge? Maybe? Either way what a pain, the drivers side window seems to think there is a kid with its hand in the window every time I try to roll it up.
Maybe @rideit has some useful tips.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Was sleeping good, I think maybe even REM given the depth of dream. And... Hannah decided to come in. Fucking child.

All my CFP classwork was completed last night. Working on the plan now, hoping to complete it and submit by next Sunday. Then it's on to the exam prep.