Quantcast

Mid-Hudson MTBers

pedaler845

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
Yo!
Wondering if anyone would like to do small group rides @ 909, Hyde Park, Ninham, Jockey Hill,Tymor, etc... Weekdays I like a 10-15 mile ride, while weekends a bit more adventurous. I like to travel for new trail and have lights. I'd guess my skills are "sport", though Im not often a racer.
I'm @ 909 Tuesday's, 5:00 @ Tyrell lot. Blue Jekyll or F3k. Fridays in Hyde Park for an epic that goes til? Yes, you can do many miles in a relatively unknown trail system here. There are quad trails, but the dirtbikers have made some great singletrack. It's hard to find some of the good's so check out our ride ~it's worthy!

PhatChi

Chimp
Mar 27, 2005
i'm there. for real. pedaler i know you are active on many forums so i'm guessing you are a helluva rider. i suck. i am outta shape and been drinkin too many winter blues beers. but i love to ride and need someone to ride with to inspire a little motivation. i live at the hyde park estates (fancy name for some pretty ghetto apts.) so i'll look for ya soon. where do you start?

pedaler845

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
I live near Norrie Point in Staatsburgh and I sometimes head down there on a Wed. eve. Could show you some routes there. Even if youre as bad as you say I'll have still gotten a nice road spin at the least. Also powerlines nearby are great for fitness and fun riding too. *Note about Norrie* One thing I saw there a few months ago was large #'s of "devil Head" seed pods carried by the river to low spots on the trail. These are about 1.5 inches around with like 5 points that will fvck up tires. Apparently they were carried a little higher than normal with the ice and may still be around. Norries got some great and challenging terrain, hard to get lost, and occasionally nice scenery. Drink Keegan Ales Mothers Milk!! Let me know when's good......