Quantcast

(@) Mid IDGAF gee em Tee (@)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
like a russian nuclear sub in a 90s cold war movie or a drug addled actor 10 years later, my weird fork has resurfaced and is set to be delivered at some point today. I am planning on taking the day off to fuck around so we'll see if I can make the two work together.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Quite happy to have found a topper for my truck last night, after looking for the past 1.5 years. They are stupid expensive new, so I sat and waited, and found one an hour away thats 95% of how I would have spec'd one, at an $1,800 discount. Now I have safe, secure space for my toys out of prying eyes, as well as a space to sleep when camping/hunting.

Much like.

20210330_191717_copy_1612x763.jpg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mornin!

Quite happy to have found a topper for my truck last night, after looking for the past 1.5 years. They are stupid expensive new, so I sat and waited, and found one an hour away thats 95% of how I would have spec'd one, at an $1,800 discount. Now I have safe, secure space for my toys out of prying eyes, as well as a space to sleep when camping/hunting.

Much like.

View attachment 158386
Now your brodozerhood is complete. :D

Morning. I don't feel like doing anything today but I doubt I can get away with that. Is it Friday yet??

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Getting blood drawn currently. Smile and dial today based on a retirement board's request. Working on tie rod and ball joint replacement tonight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Replaced all the bearings in the bike last night. Two of them near the bottom bracket were a total cock to do - the bearing seats/holes/whatever are surrounded on both sides with uneven and curved surfaces. Absolutely no flat area to help press them out or in. Dammit. That right there wants me to get a new frame to make it easier to do.

Coffee'ing it now and watching cat #2 do cartwheels for whatever reason. Need to do some work...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Another day in a row of working at a far-off site. Colorado Center today, which means Thai food.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Replaced all the bearings in the bike last night. Two of them near the bottom bracket were a total cock to do - the bearing seats/holes/whatever are surrounded on both sides with uneven and curved surfaces. Absolutely no flat area to help press them out or in
thats .... odd? was it on the front triangle or one of the stays?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
what frame?

bearings on both sides of a single sleeve? any reason a properly sized bearing drift wouldn't clear the bb face?
Its a Banshee Rune, i'll see if I can get a better picture. The bearings are pressed into the frame and butt up against a lip, so there is no spacer. The problem is how close they are to the BB welds and other features. The picture below is of the previous gen frame - mine doesn't have a welded ISCG bracket, its a seperate splined interface, so there is even less area than this picture.

The real problem is getting the bearing back in. the backside is uneven and rounded, so getting the bearings to press in straight was a chore. Really needed a third hand to hold everything straight.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So this happened this morning...
IMG_20210331_083003_01.jpg

Been having substantial issues with our existing and repairs were going to be over $600. Wifey has wanted a new range for a while, so apparently she called her supplier (she works for a developer) and ordered a new one. We had been talking about it but I wasn't expecting that knock at 7:45am today. Also, it's coming out of her business acct, which is where all of her side work goes, so it's kind of all hers anyways. It's fancy, but it makes her happy, so yeah.

I mean it's not IAB getting a phone call that a new BMW was purchased, but *surprise*!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So this happened this morning...
View attachment 158394

Been having substantial issues with our existing and repairs were going to be over $600. Wifey has wanted a new range for a while, so apparently she called her supplier (she works for a developer) and ordered a new one. We had been talking about it but I wasn't expecting that knock at 7:45am today. Also, it's coming out of her business acct, which is where all of her side work goes, so it's kind of all hers anyways. It's fancy, but it makes her happy, so yeah.

I mean it's not IAB getting a phone call that a new BMW was purchased, but *surprise*!
why does it look wet near that corner lazy susan cabinet...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Its a Banshee Rune, i'll see if I can get a better picture. The bearings are pressed into the frame and butt up against a lip, so there is no spacer. The problem is how close they are to the BB welds and other features. The picture below is of the previous gen frame - mine doesn't have a welded ISCG bracket, its a seperate splined interface, so there is even less area than this picture.

The real problem is getting the bearing back in. the backside is uneven and rounded, so getting the bearings to press in straight was a chore. Really needed a third hand to hold everything straight.

a correct sized bearing drift will not exceed the OD of the bearing itself and will clear no problem. I finally broke down and bought one, i'd recommend it.

mine is wheels mnfg. you can buy the bearing presses as a kit, or the press handle and rod standalone, then the individual drifts.