Quantcast

(@) Mid IDGAF gee em Tee (@)

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
So this happened this morning...
View attachment 158394

Been having substantial issues with our existing and repairs were going to be over $600. Wifey has wanted a new range for a while, so apparently she called her supplier (she works for a developer) and ordered a new one. We had been talking about it but I wasn't expecting that knock at 7:45am today. Also, it's coming out of her business acct, which is where all of her side work goes, so it's kind of all hers anyways. It's fancy, but it makes her happy, so yeah.

I mean it's not IAB getting a phone call that a new BMW was purchased, but *surprise*!
Kitchenaid appliances.....

:popcorn:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
a correct sized bearing drift will not exceed the OD of the bearing itself and will clear no problem. I finally broke down and bought one, i'd recommend it.

mine is wheels mnfg. you can buy the bearing presses as a kit, or the press handle and rod standalone, then the individual drifts.
Yeah what I should have done is pressed both bearings in at the same time, but I don't have a threaded rod long enough to do so.

Need someone local with that fancy park tool bearing kit. :D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
An ethical quandary:

Some weeks ago I ordered a fancy travel case for work related purposes through Amazon. Brown Santa just drove through the hood and delivered not one, but two such cases. A quick look into our records indicates quite clearly that we were only billed for one.

On one hand, I know what I should actually do here, and @FSM knows I could use the karma these days. On the other, Fuck Jeff Bezos.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
An ethical quandary:

Some weeks ago I ordered a fancy travel case for work related purposes through Amazon. Brown Santa just drove through the hood and delivered not one, but two such cases. A quick look into our records indicates quite clearly that we were only billed for one.

On one hand, I know what I should actually do here, and @FSM knows I could use the karma these days. On the other, Fuck Jeff Bezos.
Sell it and donate the money to an Amazon unionization effort.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
An ethical quandary:

for low value items, amazon often doesn't want it returned but will credit you anyways, because return shipping & time to restock are worth more than the value of the item.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
for low value items, amazon often doesn't want it returned but will credit you anyways, because return shipping & time to restock are worth more than the value of the item.
They recently asked me to return a 2-pack of button batteries because one of them didn't work, rather than credit me the $4 or ship a replacement 2-pack. It was the most asinine customer service experience I've ever had with them.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Maybe I'm not monocle enough, but 260 bucks isn't "low value" in my mind.

Sell it and donate the money to an Amazon unionization effort.
This is an amazing idea.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
An ethical quandary:

what color is it? I have a use for such a case.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
An ethical quandary:

My opinion on such matters is that if I bought this from a small private business/mom and pop shop, I'd return it. For Amazon though, the hell with it. I bought my Garmin watch from them. Ordered the Fenix 5 ($400) and they send me the Fenix 5X Sapphire ($750), and my answer to that was "Thanks, Amazon!!" I mean, do they really care??

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
An ethical quandary:

Check the item description. I’ve unknowingly bought several of the same items because they were only sold in 2 packs. Got myself 5 extra backcountry bidets that way.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The irony of a boutique linkage fork for a guy that can't handle basic setup and maintenance principles is not lost on.....well, probably anyone. :rofl: