Quantcast

(@) Mid IDGAF gee em Tee (@)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I got a parcel today too. My latest mostly unnecessary offering to capitalism.
6136650E-4185-4181-8E2D-71AE2D4B82FB.jpeg

Look at the braided steel. :brows:

32B943CA-1307-4149-8A37-3BBDABBA502D.jpeg

Wish I could’ve got red banjos though. :brow:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah I try to save money by not paying hundreds of dollars to somebody else every step of the way or reuse things I have instead of pissing money away, but I’m perfectly capable of installing my own forks, bleeding my brakes, and dropping lowers on everything I own. Doesn’t mean I want to if I can skip the service though.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Well, I have no idea if that's any better than a traditional fork, but there's no doubting it's going to be different and interesting.

Better get a bearing puller/installation tool. 18 bearings is quite a few.
He can borrow mine any time he wants, just to show I'm not a dick, I just play one online.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Well, I have no idea if that's any better than a traditional fork, but there's no doubting it's going to be different and interesting.

Better get a bearing puller/installation tool. 18 bearings is quite a few.
Neither do I, but I intend on finding out. I highly doubt I’ll need to worry about bearings before I eventually resell it. Bearings don’t just asplode that quickly in my hands so I’m not too worried

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Caught two Chipmunks in my bucket trap today. Hopefully I'll be able to murder the remaining little bastards who have done potentially thousands of dollars of damage to my car. They are pretty damn difficult to catch. Tried two types of mouse traps, but they can get the bait without springing the trap. Did catch three mice in the garage though.

Next step, now that I am vaccinated, is to coordinated with my insurance company, Enterprise rental, taxi/Uber/shuttle?, and the Honda dealership. The whole front of the car has to come off to replace the chewed windshield washer fluid reservoir. Several wire assemblies will have to be replaced as well as any other damage not yet apparent.

Good times.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Does the bear wear a funny knife in the shed?

on a happier note, I just sold my seasucker in about 30 minutes. Holy shit something something supply chain covid shortage something

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Does the bear wear a funny knife in the shed?

on a happier note, I just sold my seasucker in about 30 minutes. Holy shit something something supply chain covid shortage something
Funny you say that....I got rid of my car earlier this week, and listed my ~10yo Thule 400XT/load bars/fairing for sale on FB (well, fake wife did), and she said there was 5-6 inquiries almost immediately. 'Twas sold by the end of the day.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Caught two Chipmunks in my bucket trap today. Hopefully I'll be able to murder the remaining little bastards who have done potentially thousands of dollars of damage to my car. They are pretty damn difficult to catch. Tried two types of mouse traps, but they can get the bait without springing the trap. Did catch three mice in the garage though.

Next step, now that I am vaccinated, is to coordinated with my insurance company, Enterprise rental, taxi/Uber/shuttle?, and the Honda dealership. The whole front of the car has to come off to replace the chewed windshield washer fluid reservoir. Several wire assemblies will have to be replaced as well as any other damage not yet apparent.

Good times.
Fuuuu.....

That sucks. Guess you didn't drive it all that much because of teh Covidz?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Funny you say that....I got rid of my car earlier this week, and listed my ~10yo Thule 400XT/load bars/fairing for sale on FB (well, fake wife did), and she said there was 5-6 inquiries almost immediately. 'Twas sold by the end of the day.
...and my old brakes
....and my old pedals
holy shit...now is a great time for moving dead stock

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Fuuuu.....

That sucks. Guess you didn't drive it all that much because of teh Covidz?
Been commuting to the studio nightly, but don't go many other places.

Also forgot to mention that when I got new tires is when I discovered the wiring damage which caused a sensor to "fail' thus resulting in no inspection for the Toaster.

Hopefully I won't get pulled over until I get this shit worked out.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Good times.

fight fire with fire?

We had mice or something in our prius. I'm not sure how they got in, but they built a nest inside the heater fan and turning it on was...interesting. Changed the cabin air filter and paid somebody to get the nuts out of the blower motor. Only $180 so not too bad.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

fight fire with fire?

We had mice or something in our prius. I'm not sure how they got in, but they built a nest inside the heater fan and turning it on was...interesting. Changed the cabin air filter and paid somebody to get the nuts out of the blower motor. Only $180 so not too bad.
Did stuff get sprayed with shredded mice bits ?

Twice now a neighborhood (work) cat has stopped on it's evening rounds right in front the spot on my car where the washer fluid reservoir is and sniffed at it for a bit. Who knows what the mechanics will find.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I have tried such in the past with black, it never lasts and looks shite. I have airbrush painted some boring steel banjos gold though, for a project build I did. Some Juicy 7s that were pretty much fucked, I brought them back to life.
After (annoyingly this photo makes the paint look really flat, you can see it better below):
4AD451AB-F63A-4ECF-BAED-69D27D3C71F8.jpeg

8877061E-3217-478C-826C-F4851A5060C5.jpeg

Before:
03FD68DD-C734-4B59-BB29-B669CDD9402A.jpeg

D7B30850-5BA5-4BC5-A15C-24421195D8EE.jpeg

Last edited: