Quantcast

midcoast ME riding

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
So I'm headed up to midcoast Maine with the fam to see the folks late July/early August. I never bring my bike, because I didn't think that there's anything quick to get away to for a few hours to ride while we're there. Visiting for a bit longer this time, and wondering if it's worth it to bring the bike. @RoboDonkey713; @dan-o; and anyone else who's been in the area - is there anything worth checking out within an hour of the Pemaquid peninsula region?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
thanks - looks like Camden Hills and Snow Bowl would be closest/best (unless the hings around Augusta, which is a little farther, are worthwhile). Anyone have any real-time experiences with these?

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
The Camden trails are some of my favorites to ride in Maine. Good mix of Classic New England riding with some newer faster style trails now on the Goose River piece. I would say it would be worth it for sure. I have a GPS/Strava route I can send you if you have a GPS.

Bond Brook in Augusta I have never ridden. Heard it is a blast to ride. They did just have a trail fest there last weekend.

You are also close to the Bath/Brunswick area. That place is loaded with trails. I know Bikeman on Rt 1 does a few group rides during the week in that area. They could also point you in the right direction as to where to ride down there.

(Putting on my Flame Retardant Suit)
If you have a Strava account, you can look for segments people have made in these area's and then go and D/L the GPS tracks to find good places to ride. That is the best use of these types of programs.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I don't have much experience riding up there, and will unfortunately be out in CO until Aug 2nd. What're the dates of your trip?

Also PM Rockland, he lives in the area and can likely steer you to the goods.