Quantcast

Middle-aged white guy suburban problems

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I'm so angry I could just....spit!

The guy I paid to remove my pool cover and fire up the filter etc basically defeated the whole reason to put the cover on in the first place. When he pulled the cover off, he let all the sh!t and corruption that the cover caught, fall back into the pool. Which I will now have to vacuum up. Thanks a lot jag-off!

You want something done right you gotta do it yourself.....which I will do next year......

NOBODY has it worse than me.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I un-winterized my pool this past weekend. All hooked up, cleaned and balanced......not bad for a 24 year old shmuck with zero prior pool experience.:weee:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
You paid someone to take off your pool cover?:rofl::rofl:
I didn't even know you could charge for that.
My dad owes me money for all those years it took us 10 minutes to take off the pool cover.
I will be able to retire now.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Why do all you guys up north have pools anyways?? for those sweltering 80 degree days in the summer?? :think:

but on the subject of pools a friend of mine basically lets theirs turn into a pond every fall. I helped him start cleaning a few weeks ago. They shocked the pool so everything in it is dead. So far the count is up to 3 water moccasins, :eek: about 50 frogs, close to 500 very large tadpoles and a few dead squirrels that fell in and drowned. And we can't even see the bottom yet.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Why do all you guys up north have pools anyways?? for those sweltering 80 degree days in the summer?? :think:

but on the subject of pools a friend of mine basically lets theirs turn into a pond every fall. I helped him start cleaning a few weeks ago. They shocked the pool so everything in it is dead. So far the count is up to 3 water moccasins, :eek: about 50 frogs, close to 500 very large tadpoles and a few dead squirrels that fell in and drowned. And we can't even see the bottom yet.
It routinely hits 100+ degrees and/or 80%+ humidity in the summer in New England.

On the subject of pools, your friend is a moron.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sweet!!! I just called my local building department and I guess my permit to install my pool is being sent out tomorrow!! Wahooooooo!!!

BTW not only am I going to put my own cover on but I'm going to run all the electric myself and set the pool up myself.

I am however subbing out the site work since they're going to pull my underground oil tank at the same time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
MMike... there was a fundamental miscommunication on your part. You paid him to remove your pool cover. You did NOT pay him to remove the debris prior to removing said pool cover.

On that note, I never would have thought that cheap Canadian labor was less competent than cheap Mexican labor. Guess I was wrong.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
MMike... there was a fundamental miscommunication on your part. You paid him to remove your pool cover. You did NOT pay him to remove the debris prior to removing said pool cover.

On that note, I never would have thought that cheap Canadian labor was less competent than cheap Mexican labor. Guess I was wrong.
Actually I DID specify (half joking) when I made the appointment, "heh he...you're not going to let all the leaves fall in the pool right?"

"Oh no! of course not...ha ha ....that would be silly!"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Actually I DID specify (half joking) when I made the appointment, "heh he...you're not going to let all the leaves fall in the pool eh?"

"Oh no! of course not...eh eh ....that would be silly eh!"
well in that case just add some fish and you have a perfectly good pond.