Quantcast

>>>Middle and the end<<<

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My FTS is scaling rapidly. I'm not sure how much additional effort I will be putting in soon...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My FTS is scaling rapidly. I'm not sure how much additional effort I will be putting in soon...
is it time to vacillate to the "I'm leaving" side of the meter before you hit the "but my time off" other wall? :D

too soon?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm totally on board with you... 35 hours seems reasonable... 32 even better.
I have to be present for more hours, but I figure I do maybe 20-24 hours of real work per week. including moonlighting. :D and that's ok with me.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Serviced the PNW that I'm currently running on one bike...with low-temp grease. We'll see how that works in the cold. These get REEAAALL slow when the temps drop, unlike the Wolftooth.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just stop doing more than 40h a week and continue taking as much time off as possible.
My boss made a comment about the amount of work they have coming at us and how we can get it done efficiently so as to not end up having to work 60hrs/wk. I sharply told him that I am paid to work 40hrs and he dropped it very quickly.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My boss made a comment about the amount of work they have coming at us and how we can get it done efficiently so as to not end up having to work 60hrs/wk. I sharply told him that I am paid to work 40hrs and he dropped it very quickly.
throw in a faked seizure once in awhile....:D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Seems like a lot to me :p
I've got two mortgages* to pay! got to cut me some slack for working so much

* and two HELOCs. and the not insubstantial window note. and a year more on my student loan pile. will do a state of the debt-union update post tonight in my thread to horrify Nick and Shane. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

* and two HELOCs. and the not insubstantial window note. and a year more on my student loan pile. will do a state of the debt-union update post tonight in my thread to horrify Nick and Shane. :D
I, too, will be suitably horrified, methinks.

Currently have a HELOC, of which I have pulled precisely $0.

Although I have a big CC bill this month, because old cats are expensive. :mad:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Another day at the movie festival another annoyance at work. First time I had to be really mean to someone at work but jesus fucking christ. If your only use at work is "we can't do that" but then you offer no explanation why and what the guidelines are you are useless.

On the Bright side I have seen Maestro in a Cinema and not on Netflix. Visited the inlaws. Feels weird to score easy points there as a good son in law just by visiting and ignoring old mans political ramblings.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
throw in a faked seizure once in awhile....:D
I've actually been having periodic auras the last few months. Whenever I'm having them I can't work, so I just message him that I had one. There is a clear trail of me having more seizures as the stress-level they're pushing has been ramping up.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Another day at the movie festival another annoyance at work. First time I had to be really mean to someone at work but jesus fucking christ. If your only use at work is "we can't do that" but then you offer no explanation why and what the guidelines are you are useless.

On the Bright side I have seen Maestro in a Cinema and not on Netflix. Visited the inlaws. Feels weird to score easy points there as a good son in law just by visiting and ignoring old mans political ramblings.
did you witness the adam driver "fuck you" response to a question?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

i thought second home was air bnb boondoggle?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i thought second home was air bnb boondoggle?
It gets rented when we don't use it, but we use it most of the ski season since that's its point

Its benefits are appreciation and being a nice write off against my regular income :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
And making sure that regular working folks can't get housing.
It's not a house that people working normal jobs in that county would be able to afford regardless. So it's part of a different problem, of not enough affordable housing being built. And I support that. Upzone and build a bunch of condos/apartments everywhere!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Blew a fuse at work after a Technical Fellow at work kept interrupting people and rambling pointlessly for two hours. Don't think I will be getting a Christmas card.