Quantcast

>>>Middle Derp GMT<<<

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Been really really busy at work this week. I should probably stop working so hard otherwise people will start getting the wrong impression of me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
two nights in a row that i didn't wake up in the middle of the night. something is wrong. first time this has happened in months.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Me and a guy in my department have thrill kill fantasies about this incredibly annoying ginger girl who sits 20 feet from us. We are usually real chill and professional at work, but for just this one girl, we make guesses on how long you'd have to choke her to get a nice lavender shade about the face.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
two nights in a row that i didn't wake up in the middle of the night. something is wrong. first time this has happened in months.
I'm wicked jelly. If I don't wake up once during the night for a single night I'd be pumped. Two, I don't know what I'd do with myself.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Oi, absolute stack of paper work waiting for me at work. I have been here just short of nine months, and it seems to be my task to train the person who has been here longer than I have, and let them take lead as I am gone in a week and a half... It also seems that each morning I have to correct paper work to repair the damage she is doing...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin! Good ride last night, I think I'm starting to find my legs again. I love when that happens. Not much else to report here.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Rode the bike park last night. too windy to jump so I just played on the pump track.
A couple who were there chimed in with the idea of '25 laps'.

Just like it sounds; ride 25 laps non-stop on the track. Big deal, right? Well, you ride a bit slower and you find the perfect line and fall into a groove where can pick up some speed, it was cool. As I finished I realized I hadn't even covered my brake lever for most of it.

/coolstorybro

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Rode the bike park last night. too windy to jump so I just played on the pump track.

Just like it sounds; ride 25 laps non-stop on the track. Big deal, right? Well, you ride a bit slower and you find the perfect line and fall into a groove where can pick up some speed, it was cool. As I finished I realized I hadn't even covered my brake lever for most of it.

/coolstorybro
Which park were you at? I really need to finish off my park bike, to think that all I need is a rear brake and lever...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Slept almost nine hours last night. I like sleep.
my wife and one year old were up puking all night. not a fun day to be busy at work. at least my 3 year old is maintaining his sleeping through the night habit.

not a good day to not have my coffee machine at my desk.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hi all. I'm at work early--last week for a while of having to come in at 7 AM. Nothing new in my life besides usual morning traffic idiocy, because Seattle.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Should be a nice day, but I am at work so it sucks. Wanted to be on the river, but instead did yard work, yay.

...repair the damage she is doing...
Enough said. Just wait it out and duck out quietly when nobody is looking.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

/coolstorybro
Very cool. I wish there was a pump track nearby, but there is a good BMX track that is 50% downhill and you can get some great speed. I don't get enough air, so I am pumping a lot, but on the RM7 (42#) its a hell of a workout.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Golden, just south of you.

You're not far from Valmont, which is a ridiculous spot. Have you been there yet?
Not yet. :rofl: Only went to the one in Superior. It's really inexcusable that I haven't been to Valmont yet, I work 10 minutes away.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey is taking the job. We're still negotiating salary through. They want her in office 7-10 days/month. We need to figure that out, as my schedule is not flexible and Haley can't be dropped at daycare until 7:30am, which is later than I come in. This whole situation is getting far more interesting as we go. There's a good chance that I might become a stay at home Dad for a while here. Worst case, that gives me time to go back to school for either an MBA/advanced degree or maybe what I need to do to start writing code, as that's something I can do remote.

I spent a lot of last night running the numbers on staying vs. moving back. And renting the house vs. selling it.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
When you escape from michigan you're compelled to start enjoying life.