Quantcast

@@@Middle finger GMT@@@

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have no idea. I never drink OJ. But this was out after everyone left this morning... figured it shouldn't go to waste.

My middle kid drinks OJ like it's going out of style... so I'm not sure WTF is going on.
Sounds like he is making and consuming prison wine.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just figured out how to mash up an Excel ODBC data connection to the company database tables, and run a Power Query of specific data in Excel files in a directory, and then merge it all together and filter for desired results.

Step 3: Profit

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
There is need, want and accustomed luxury. Accustomed Luxury = Need for white people.
:bravoslowclapgif:

Getting to work today was a shitshow. Normal street has construction (light rail construction still in progress) that took a normally 3->2 lane merge to a 3->1 lane bottleneck. I u-turned out of there and thought I'd be smart and take the freeway for two exits. That turned out to be a mistake, as a box truck had managed to impale itself on a semi-truck's trailer and that mess + responders blocked 2 lanes of a 3 lane onramp…

Good thing I'm on academic time today so that no one cared that I moseyed in at 9 AM.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
you don't need three cars.
:stupid:

But right now we have my car, my truck, and the wifes work car. I am not allowed to drive hers, so we rarely take it outside of her to work.My car is almost pointless (2 seater with limited cargo space) other than it got 28mpg on my trip to Sisters last weekend and was a hell of a lot more fun (and faster) than taking my 15mpg truck. But next trip to see GFF will be in the truck with the bikes in the back.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Mechanic said 'that thing has LOTS of problems' and breathed a deep sigh.
He is starting with the timing chain, and going from there.
Looks like I can get a timing chain from Advance Auto for ~$60, I can't wait to hear what the mechanic prices one out at!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mechanic said 'that thing has LOTS of problems' and breathed a deep sigh.
He is starting with the timing chain, and going from there.
Looks like I can get a timing chain from Advance Auto for ~$60, I can't wait to hear what the mechanic prices one out at!

$60 but a grand in labor... What year is it again?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
One paper rewritten and close to submission. Another paper submitted. Problem is that these are on related topics and I'm submitting to the same journal. :D Editor may balk. Thankfully there exist a ton of journals…

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Big screw through the front tire on my way home from work. First big flat on my Conti 4 Season. Not sure the tire is still rideable. Now the big question what hooligan leaves a screw on the bike path on the Manhattan Bridge. At least I have a new set of tires ready that I got from a friend.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Fourth ride of the season on the new trails completed. They just keep getting better. But now I'm wondering if there might be another way to link them together... Home for beers now. Yeeeew.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Big screw through the front tire on my way home from work. First big flat on my Conti 4 Season. Not sure the tire is still rideable. Now the big question what hooligan leaves a screw on the bike path on the Manhattan Bridge. At least I have a new set of tires ready that I got from a friend.
ISIS hooligans, contact @Trump for further details.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Short ride, my god I'm in terrible shape this Spring. :disgust1:
Lots of miles to put in to rise to the upper levels of mediocrity.

Also, all the extra rubber bands I installed in my rear shock are about one too many.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Short ride, my god I'm in terrible shape this Spring. :disgust1:
Lots of miles to put in to rise to the upper levels of mediocrity.

Also, all the extra rubber bands I installed in my rear shock are about one too many.
please maintain your current fitness level until June 11; then, proceed as you wish. thank you.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
1) I shaved the beard from about 2" to 1/8" to start anew. I don't like seeing my face. :grumpy:

2) Local people: if I were to play mountain biker and suffer up the climb to see if going downhill is fun, where would you recommend renting a bike from and where would you ride? I'd hit it on a weekday to avoid crowds. My 29er is all set up for commuting and I'd rather rent than buy real tires that'd outclass the rest of it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
1) I shaved the beard from about 2" to 1/8" to start anew. I don't like seeing my face. :grumpy:

2) Local people: if I were to play mountain biker and suffer up the climb to see if going downhill is fun, where would you recommend renting a bike from and where would you ride? I'd hit it on a weekday to avoid crowds. My 29er is all set up for commuting and I'd rather rent than buy real tires that'd outclass the rest of it.
:think: :ban:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Rode some local trails at mock-warp-stupid fast speed cuz my quads are all ripped from riding actual hills and rocks. Aaaarrrghhh, I am a fuckin beast !!!!

Ok, not really, but am definitely feeling the benefits of hour long climbs. Longest climb here is maybe 3 min.

Aaaaaand...Thai food of the kick-ass variety.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Get a new rad bike at Golden Bike Shop and ride anything from there (Chimney, Apex, White Ranch. etc) and let me know WHEN so I can be free and go riding with ya.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I've been riding a few times in the past few years, and truly am insufferably slow on the climbs. One of my high school riding buddies remarked "you used to be so much faster than me..." Yeah, that was half a lifetime ago! :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I've been riding a few times in the past few years, and truly am insufferably slow on the climbs. One of my high school riding buddies remarked "you used to be so much faster than me..." Yeah, that was half a lifetime ago! :D
I have a 2003 Sugar 4+ "Demo" bike for sale cheap, ridden less than 50 miles this year... climbs like a pig on crack. It has miss matched odi rogue grips in size too large to be comfortable. LMK.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
:stupid:

But right now we have my car, my truck, and the wifes work car. I am not allowed to drive hers, so we rarely take it outside of her to work.My car is almost pointless (2 seater with limited cargo space) other than it got 28mpg on my trip to Sisters last weekend and was a hell of a lot more fun (and faster) than taking my 15mpg truck. But next trip to see GFF will be in the truck with the bikes in the back.

and he didnt even flip his vette

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
please maintain your current fitness level until June 11; then, proceed as you wish. thank you.
If Nick won't you can sure as hell bet I'll maintain the level of mediocrity. Someone around here has to bring everyone else down.

Get a new rad bike at Golden Bike Shop and ride anything from there (Chimney, Apex, White Ranch. etc) and let me know WHEN so I can be free and go riding with ya.
Dibs on this ride to. I vote White Ranch.