Quantcast

Middle Fork Article

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Yah i read that at breakfast this morning. Kind of reminds me of how i've come full circle. 15 years ago barfing by that river from being totally wasted on a camping trip, to hopefully riding 15 miles of sweet singletrack. :dancing:

i hope they don't pave the road though....

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Bikecrasher said:
That place was a total freak show 10-11 years ago. Not a place I would have ever biked or hiked. Glad it's getting cleaned up.
It definitely had to be one of the worst wilderness areas in the US. I remember riding up there and every quarter mile or so you would see cars burned, shot up and stripped. The burned ones were had to tell how long they had been there. Before cell service was as extensive or non existent help was at least 90 minutes or more away. Probably worst than the vandalism and theft was the violence among the party goers and the occaisional young campers who found themselves getting assaulted by some of the thugs running around up there.

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Skookum said:
Yah i read that at breakfast this morning. Kind of reminds me of how i've come full circle. 15 years ago barfing by that river from being totally wasted on a camping trip, to hopefully riding 15 miles of sweet singletrack. :dancing:

i hope they don't pave the road though....
So you've grown up now huh?