Quantcast

Middle Fork Snoqualmie Trail

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
343
0
Seattle
Just opened to bikes odd days. Closed to bikes in the winter. Looking at a map I see a trail up the Pratt River and one up the Taylor River. Anyone know anything about them?
 

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,190
0
in a bear cave
Dave_Schuldt said:
Just opened to bikes odd days. Closed to bikes in the winter. Looking at a map I see a trail up the Pratt River and one up the Taylor River. Anyone know anything about them?
i don't know about the Pratt, but the Taylor River trail is closed down forest road that is very rocky. A real pain to climb and a choppy boring descent. Not worth the time. Now the Middle Fork, THATS a different story, the high half should be scarce with hikers and should be ready to rip, along with hot springs at the top, oooh yah if i get a rain day off on an odd day, i'm so there.......
 

flyboy

Chimp
Jun 18, 2004
30
0
Kirkland, WA
i rode the MF saturday 9:00am, first tracks from the tippity top to the bottom. allot of it is hike-a-bike because the vegetation is so overgrown cause no one is ever on that trail. there are so many creek crossings, and up and down following river grade that the trail is uphill both ways. don't buy it? bring LOTS of water and energy bars. good luck
 

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,190
0
in a bear cave
Is the bridge still there on the upper half that is half of an old growth with only one rail? i remember that freaking me out. :D
 
Skookum said:
Is the bridge still there on the upper half that is half of an old growth with only one rail? i remember that freaking me out. :D
Yes that bridge is still there. Like Flyboy said bring lots of water. This assumes that you pedal 17 miles up on the road to trail #1003 before you start your decent (if that's what you want to call it).
 

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,190
0
in a bear cave
Gfreak said:
Yes that bridge is still there. Like Flyboy said bring lots of water. This assumes that you pedal 17 miles up on the road to trail #1003 before you start your decent (if that's what you want to call it).
i'm usually always decent... i'll ride the trail up, it's a river XC ride. Thanx for the heads up on the bridge, it's been years since i've ridden out there. i've hiked it a few times but you don't make it up that far hiking.
 

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
1,011
0
Duvall
Ride report:

Skookie would love it!

For the "climbing challenged", it's possible to shuttle to the upper trailhead at Dutch Miller Gap and just ride down. But, remember, it's a river trail and it's up and down on the way back... Frikkin' awesome.
About 15+ one way is what I got. Great day to be out there...
 

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
5,121
0
Witness relocation housing
Skookum said:
i've never had any problems with Rangers, in fact i'm glad they're gonna be there patrolling ON MT. BIKES. sweet.
It would be funny if you got busted riding on an even day by one of them on a bike (by the rules wouldnt they be violating too)

BTW, what is an Odd day? I could argue that days with even numbers can be quite odd.... :)
 

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
1,011
0
Duvall
Good point Oly. Know anyone who wants a summer job riding their bike there next year? They'll be hiring...

BTW: Skooks, that log bridge is ridable... :thumb: (Legal stunt?)