Quantcast

Middle Fork Trail Work

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
I and one other biker joined 33 onthers on a WTA work party yesterday. A last minute change in plan had us working on the CCC trail instead. We moved tons of rock, built retaining walls and put in culverts to fix a washout. I will post some pics when I figgure out how. I had a good time and am kinda sore this moring. The word from the FS guy is: the Middle Fork Trail is in great shape and SHOULD be open to bikes by July. Kinda lame to see only 2 bikers out there. Ira Spring is dead and the WTA inn't anti bike like it used to be.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oops i was supposed to be out there.... :dead: But i neglected to read how i was to sign up on the WTA forum, oops. :eek: :( :o:
Anyways glad to hear it's finally being opened in July, i for one will be taking advantage of the XC Snoqualmie goodness. :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Dave_Schuldt said:
Note the word "should". If was "saposed" to open last fall.
Yah i'm aware of the history of the trail. There are many many bike riders i've talked to who feel burnt by the shady dealings by stingy people who've kept access from that trail from us for too many years now. Hopefully it'll open up and we can work to have that all put behind us and also look forward to having some fun rides out there.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave

Attachments