Quantcast

%$% Middle GMT%$%

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Somehow, some way, whenever my in-laws cook fish, it smells like they seasoned it with porta-potty extract with a dash of Indian-food diarrhea. Holy smokes does the house reek, and continue to do so for a solid day or two.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
almost afraid to say it. kitchen might be done...
got a shit list of 50 items to take care of before house appraisal.

Since I have stuff strewn all over hell's half acre and spend time looking for stuff (or forgetting it when traveling), I have started to inventory tools, bikes and associated accouterments, and travel and camping gear. This is of course turning up stuff that I had forgotten.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Espresso in hand, micro dog on lap. Buddy coming over later this morning to install new fence. Wife is off for new teacher training at new school this morning. Took kid up to tour her new school yesterday. At least here in COS, looks like this shit is happening. :fie:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. The tooth fairy failed to appear last night for the 7 year old. Whoops.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida

Espresso in hand, micro dog on lap. Buddy coming over later this morning to install new fence. Wife is off for new teacher training at new school this morning. Took kid up to tour her new school yesterday. At least here in COS, looks like this shit is happening. :fie:
What are children for if not to sacrifice for political points?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
no learn from home going on....
Not so far. Wife's new school starts next week. Kid starts on the 17th. So there is time for that to change, but not much.
What are children for if not to sacrifice for political points?
It's the teachers that ought to be worried, since kids don't really seem to be catching the Rona. We all know how the GOP feels about teachers and/or education in general.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
It's the teachers that ought to be worried, since kids don't really seem to be catching the Rona. We all know how the GOP feels about teachers and/or education in general.
Yeah but coronaviruses evolve fast. That's why you get a cold almost every year. New strain pops up, BAM, buncha dead kids. In this scenario, you want your kids to get this strain so they have some resistance to its descendants. Everybody thinks we are going to beat it. We've had three coronaviruses going round and round since before we knew what viruses were. Now we have four. The chance to beat it was way back in Wuhan in January. The cat's out of the bag now.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah but coronaviruses evolve fast. That's why you get a cold almost every year. New strain pops up, BAM, buncha dead kids. In this scenario, you want your kids to get this strain so they have some resistance to it's descendants. Everybody thinks we are going to beat it. We've had three coronaviruses going round and round since before we knew what viruses were. Now we have four. The chance to beat it was way back in Wuhan in January. The cat's out of the bag now.
rates for infection of children are increasing in some places, like florida.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I’m on public transport! (Of sorts. Lyft back home after dropping moderately messy minivan off for a full detail and to get some inexplicable scratches buffed out.)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
came here for work bench update....leaving disappointed......
I got the first frame glued/nailed together last night and out of clamps this am. Second just got put into clamps. I need to cut a few sheets of the 15mm ply tonight so that I can get glue/nailing moving while I'm routing the tracks for the drawers tonight as well. Basic shape is two boxes (with drawers in them) held together with a front and rear frame topped with the work surface. The boxes and frames are the majority of the bench structure.

Over the next few days I plan on drilling holes in the front frame for clamps and getting most of the drawer pieces cut.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
After mucho job applications sent yesterday, taking today easy-ish. I helped my buddy set up his front wheel tubeless which required a lot more effort than expected - narrow asym rims suck. Got a call from Canfield that my N9 frame should be shipping soon and post office finally delivered a package to my parents that I sent two months ago.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Fell on the last two steps down into the basement holding a open box of grass seeds with resulting perfect spread of grass seeds on the floor. I feels like I fell on the mountain bike :blink:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Got weird looks this morning at Trader Joes, I guess 4 6-packs, 3 bottles of wine and 4 bottles of booze is too much for 8:15 AM? Prudes.

After mucho job applications sent yesterday, taking today easy-ish. I helped my buddy set up his front wheel tubeless which required a lot more effort than expected - narrow asym rims suck. Got a call from Canfield that my N9 frame should be shipping soon and post office finally delivered a package to my parents that I sent two months ago.
You talk to any recruiters/staffing agencies? Sent about a million apps through every website there was, and the only places I made any headway was through recruiters. They agreed with my assumption that tons of companies are just fishing right now, they're not actively looking, just stockpiling resumes to see who may be available, but not actively trying to fill a role. Other companies are trying to fill positions, but don't have any urgency so they're listing ridiculous pay just to see if they can score a deal.

AppleOne ended up getting me hired in a week after I sucked it up and just set up an interview with them, figured maybe they'd have something to "hold me over" since most of their job openings are pretty entry level, but they had a few really solid positions they were looking to fill. Previous job was the result of a cold-call from Aerotek. Worth a shot IMHO.

Been eyeing the N9s too, should probably replace my poor clapped out road bike before building a hardtail, but that cherry cola color looks bad ass.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You talk to any recruiters/staffing agencies? Sent about a million apps through every website there was, and the only places I made any headway was through recruiters. They agreed with my assumption that tons of companies are just fishing right now, they're not actively looking, just stockpiling resumes to see who may be available, but not actively trying to fill a role. Other companies are trying to fill positions, but don't have any urgency so they're listing ridiculous pay just to see if they can score a deal.

AppleOne ended up getting me hired in a week after I sucked it up and just set up an interview with them, figured maybe they'd have something to "hold me over" since most of their job openings are pretty entry level, but they had a few really solid positions they were looking to fill. Previous job was the result of a cold-call from Aerotek. Worth a shot IMHO.

Been eyeing the N9s too, should probably replace my poor clapped out road bike before building a hardtail, but that cherry cola color looks bad ass.
I think they are just swinging for the fences, even digging into their old stash of people who had applied. I've had a few recruiters/head hunters reach out to me over the last few months, amusingly all for positions at Fidelity. Every single position was for a semi-entry level position and balked when I told them what I make and my current benefits. I haven't applied at Fido for over 5 years.