Quantcast

(*) Middle GMT(*)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
late summer or fall stay?

no wood for fire?
Late October cold snap and snow. Single digits with strong winds. We had two space heaters going full, 20 degree sleeping bags, fully clothed with coats and were still freezing :D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Nothing to report. More tests, hurry up and wait. Maybe tomorrow. Or maybe more tests.

On the plus side, I did get a COVID shot scheduled for Monday with some actual professionals and not some shitty website that doesn't work 9/10 of the time.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
said fuckit and went for a lunch shakedown ride on my/the 15yo's "new" hardtail. was kinda fun/ kinda not. carved corners better than the nomad, and my back isn't totally dead, so there's that. def better on the pumptrack afterwards! will prob stock with the nomad for most rides. beers by the lake, then a few work emails...then off to pick up kids.
pondering a fuckit friday...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
national happy puppy day.....yesterday....?

five or six years ago my brother brought this shithead home....

Screenshot_20210324-142709_Instagram.jpg

not as laid-back as the first one but....fun knucklehead to be around when you are not in a good mood.....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Had to read this in the local news today:

New mountain bike trail with unexpected problem: Rider crashed into sex orgy
A new mountain bike trail at Middelfart goes through a forest that is also used as a meeting place for men who have sex. It creates some unexpected problems. (Google translated, and yes, the town is really called that *Beavis and Butthead laugh*) :rofl:

This is the extension of one really good trail. This new part opened in the new year and I haven't seen it yet. Maybe I do not want to see it? :think:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Had to read this in the local news today:

New mountain bike trail with unexpected problem: Rider crashed into sex orgy
A new mountain bike trail at Middelfart goes through a forest that is also used as a meeting place for men who have sex. It creates some unexpected problems. (Google translated, and yes, the town is really called that *Beavis and Butthead laugh*) :rofl:

This is the extension of one really good trail. This new part opened in the new year and I haven't seen it yet. Maybe I do not want to see it? :think:
That was a problem at a trail near me.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Boston had its area, too, by the Fenway dirt jumps if I remember the tales right.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Boston had its area, too, by the Fenway dirt jumps if I remember the tales right.
Not even close. The spot was by the river on the other side of the park. We went bird watching in the fens for a college ornithology course one morning at like 530. Lube packets and condom wrappers all over the fucking place.
I used to ride the jumps and that area seemed clean.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
little dude wanted to ride when we got home so we went out to nearby trails and hit the tabled jumpline a bunch and 4 miles of trail. he's getting back into riding a bit and did a great job. stoked.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Not even close. The spot was by the river on the other side of the park. We went bird watching in the fens for a college ornithology course one morning at like 530. Lube packets and condom wrappers all over the fucking place.
I used to ride the jumps and that area seemed clean.
Haha I wouldn't do any digging there. Whitey and the boys liked to bury bodies there.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I have 3 rear air shawkz I'm pretty sure I just want to give away to anyone that could use them. I have no use for them, and will never use them. I also don't have the motivation to try to sell them.

7.5 x 2.0 float ctd - according to sandwich, needs rebuild. Came on Turner frame, took off when bought and kept as backup

190 x 51 monarch RT3 (I think?) - was on my titus and worked well, removed when the frame grenades. Put the decal kit on many years ago, not sure if correct model.

250 x 70 super deluxe - came on YT, took off when bought. Rebound ring is cracked and something internal is sliding around. Could be trash, could just need rebuild and be great. Too lazy/don't care to find out

Free to anyone that thumbs up this post and pays shipping. First come, first serve. No warranties.
IMG_20210324_230957088_resize_44_crop_41.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What's the 4-digit code on the Fox CTD? Does it just need an aircan seal service or more than that? LMK.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
What's the 4-digit code on the Fox CTD? Does it just need an aircan seal service or more than that? LMK.
CDCH.... @Sandwich would be able to tell you as he actually rode it when I let him borrow it for a couple weeks. He mentioned the adjustments didn't seem to do much, so I'm assuming just to rebuild with proper oil level is all it needs. Seems to hold air fine......I just rode it around the driveway and it felt fine to me, but that's not much of a test.
I have a project bike I have been casting around for a 250/50 for, let me see if a 70 would work...
Keep me posted.

Also, as an addendum....if one of these would be used on a kid's bike or a bike for a noob to get them into the sport, I'll pay postage to anywhere in the US.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
CDCH.... @Sandwich would be able to tell you as he actually rode it when I let him borrow it for a couple weeks. He mentioned the adjustments didn't seem to do much, so I'm assuming just to rebuild with proper oil level is all it needs. Seems to hold air fine......I just rode it around the driveway and it felt fine to me, but that's not much of a test.

Keep me posted.

Also, as an addendum....if one of these would be used on a kid's bike or a bike for a noob to get them into the sport, I'll pay postage to anywhere in the US.
weird, the tag didn't really work.

anyways, the shock felt "blown" in the simplest sense of the word. Rebound was super fast, and none of the compression adjustments seemed to have any effect. It didn't seem to be leaking and it held air fine, so probably a standard service. I honestly didn't spend a lot of time on it- I threw it on my bike, rode it around my house, realized the dramatic change in reach and BB height wasn't for me, and drove it back to crabjoe.

Also, for once I think I might pass on trash picking more shocks. the geo change wasn't right for me and I think I garage saled stihacka's monarch so I should be good for the season...or something.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Yea, looks like just the adjuster ring is cracked. Could have happened with the previous owner during a crash, dropped the shock.....not sure. Also looks like a goofed up o-ring or plastic seal under it as a result.

There is also something internal loose, as you can hear something sliding back and forth slowly when you top the shock upside down and back.

Like I said, don't know the extent of the fucked-upedness until you take it apart. Price is right though.
IMG_20201115_232301959_resize_26.jpg

IMG_20201115_232244992_resize_41.jpg