Quantcast

### Middle IDGAF###

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Noontime Monkeys.

Had an HVAC guy come out to get an estimate on a new setup. We don't have AC and that has always sucked. So we initially thought heat pump. But after talking to the dude and looking at options, a dual zone furnace and AC are the best bet. We were expecting $15k and it's actually $12,500. Not awful, but the furnace is a possible wait.

Wells Fargo does 48 months 0% so we did that vs pulling from savings. Seemed like a no brainer.

/adultingsucks

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I love days like today... 7 people in class about retirement planning. So heavy loaded with info I barely get it done in allotted 1hr. Come back after lunch, 7 meetings scheduled over next 2 weeks. People are listening.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
TIL that jimmydean has savings

despite Frita and the motorcycle and the right side up C4

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
So I'm a year and a half out from rotating to another job, and already sending in resumes and shit.

Course, I suddenly have name recognition and endorsements at the very top levels...and I'm going for a job in fucking Somalia...sigh. Why does my power play not get me to Madrid or something??! Ah well, at least it'll pay for kiddo's college in a year of work.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So I'm a year and a half out from rotating to another job, and already sending in resumes and shit.

Course, I suddenly have name recognition and endorsements at the very top levels...and I'm going for a job in fucking Somalia...sigh. Why does my power play not get me to Madrid or something??! Ah well, at least it'll pay for kiddo's college in a year of work.
Do you have a wooden leg or an eye patch?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Noontime Monkeys.

Had an HVAC guy come out to get an estimate on a new setup. We don't have AC and that has always sucked. So we initially thought heat pump. But after talking to the dude and looking at options, a dual zone furnace and AC are the best bet. We were expecting $15k and it's actually $12,500. Not awful, but the furnace is a possible wait.

Wells Fargo does 48 months 0% so we did that vs pulling from savings. Seemed like a no brainer.

/adultingsucks
i would just do a BigAss ceiling fan in every room....but im cheap...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Think of all the freedom

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Pretty psyched about this one. Same hinge used on the rear doors of trailer trucks. Tightening it enough makes a friction hinge that keeps itself in place even with a bike hanging from it, but still rotates out of the way by hand easily. Great success! \borat

IMG_20220309_182650368_resize_60.jpg
IMG_20220309_182600769_resize_80.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Doing the Lord's work ain't easy, but it pays the bills. :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That looks pretty good. 6” under there likely. I’m headed up with the wife-bot, though, and she and the kids have WP-only passes to save a bit of coin. I think WP will be just fine.
Nice. My plans for tomorrow... [Checks calendar] Fuck. Involve walking downstairs and working in the basement.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
awesome day today. MotherFucker ran the red light in front of me just as a CHP unit was pulling out of a driveway on the other side of the intersection. He lit that asshole up and pulled him over :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

got home and made some fresh corn tortillas so I could whip this up.... time for beer

IMG_20220309_171127340.jpg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You haaaaaad to bring that up. I lived in CO then, aaaand was in Steamboat when that storm started. . . In my work truck with no ski gear. Probably one of the largest regrets in life.
That's when you just buy stuff. That's a once in a lifetime event. Buy it and figure it out later.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Alrighty, Shred Panzer is mostly set up for buyer, @StiHacka ... Back on 26" and looking low and mean. Marzo 66 SL up front.

received_622989365457294.jpeg

Newbie rider who shows promise and I will make worthy of the bike. Might go to 27.5 with the Vengeance but this worked easiest for now.

The RiotToir is still rolling strong too, but now that I have tasted a large frame, it is looking like this will be a long term loaner to my best riding buddy here, the local who wrenches on my FJ62. I am desperate to get him on something more aggro than his Giant Anthem. I do have an HLR roughcut damper to install in the Trace which should make it even better.