Quantcast

@@@ Middle of FTS Week @@@

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
had a good night ride yesterday with the boyz. Got to bed late and feeling it this morning. Another fatbike ride might help with that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Went grocery shopping for the first time in about two years without a mask, just because. It was weird. I'd guess 75% of other shoppers still had masks on.

Hoping for a hike tonight. Weather is pretty shit right now, cold and flipping between rain/freezing rain/snow.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's my Friday. Hoping to escape to the desert for the weekend. But I've been warned it's a spring break shit show...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
uncle died unexpectedly yesterday, the day before his wife, who has terminal cancer, was set to come home for her last few days. feel awful for my cousins.

installed some new light fixtures and a new toilet downstairs last night. so that was fun.

otherwise, just a rainy hump day filled with followup emails, editing, and writing.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

working 1-4:30 or so from home. That is doable

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
uncle died unexpectedly yesterday, the day before his wife, who has terminal cancer, was set to come home for her last few days. feel awful for my cousins.

installed some new light fixtures and a new toilet downstairs last night. so that was fun.

otherwise, just a rainy hump day filled with followup emails, editing, and writing.
fuck man, that's rough. sorry to hear that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Up until midnight working on reformating a csv sheet to convert into the correct format for the qif conversion. 25k lines of data. Down to 18k last I looked, but annoying as fuck.

Mild work day. More data work. Then need to start CFP study.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I only owe $3300 this year in taxes! Hooray :P Better than years prior which were closer to 5.

At work. Shipped some shit out to facebook d00ds. Enjoy. Always feels good to lighten the load a little bit. Too bad shipping costs an arm and a leg...

My weird bike is waiting to get cabled up (and for the weird chinese stem to arrive). I can't wait to ride it and try not to kill myself.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
why the heck are we getting ads for CBD for dogs? and why the fuck is CBD being marketing to dogs?
My dog is old and loves CBD.

Went night riding last night. Imma big fan of that trail riding in the dark.

On deck for today... not sure. Going to rally around inspecting ammonia detectors, I know that much.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

That sucks man, sorry to hear.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Cleared two downfall clusters of hardwood and pine yesterday. One was across a switchback so it blocked trail in two spots. It was also on top of a large thicket of vines that had to be removed. The other cluster was mostly 8-10” dia. dense pine which kept pinching the blade. Always a good idea to have two saws when working by yourself so you can cut the other one free when it gets bound. Fortunately I was able to get it out without doing that.

I needed the workout for sure though. I haven’t been doing any trail work since I started training for the AT. Turning into a T-Rex with a backpack.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I don't like feeling old at 35 but ffs I injured my shoulder while doing pushups 6 months ago and it still hurts from time to time. I get that working from the sofa is probably the real culprit but I am dissapointed.

Cleared two downfall clusters of hardwood and pine yesterday. One was across a switchback so it blocked trail in two spots. It was also on top of a large thicket of vines that had to be removed. The other cluster was mostly 8-10” dia. dense pine which kept pinching the blade. Always a good idea to have two saws when working by yourself so you can cut the other one free when it gets bound. Fortunately I was able to get it out without doing that.

I needed the workout for sure though. I haven’t been doing any trail work since I started training for the AT. Turning into a T-Rex with a backpack.
I usually carry a hatchet and wedges to use for that sort of situation.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

Sorry to hear that.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
why the heck are we getting ads for CBD for dogs? and why the fuck is CBD being marketing to dogs?
Because CBD is just Weed for Crypto Bros and they will market their idiotic fads to everyone. FFs. CBD like most suplements is non regulated and the quantities in CBD producs are basically random AF so dogs, people, weird japanese subway ghosts - no one should take it unless you know for what concentration/quantity you are paying for with good oversight and regulation so it doesn't vary vs advertised.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Man, I fell on my ass yesterday and while it was hilarious, I still hurt. 3 stitches in my elbow and a bruised ego, but I will live. I was riding on the deck of a berm and my back tire slipped off. I landed ass and elbow first on the flat, my head hit dirt, but my elbow took the brunt of it on the pavement. Funny bone my ass.

Lil Man rode over while I was gathering my thoughts and said "that looked like it hurt!". :rofl:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Morning Monkeys.

Man, I fell on my ass yesterday and while it was hilarious, I still hurt. 3 stitches in my elbow and a bruised ego, but I will live. I was riding on the deck of a berm and my back tire slipped off. I landed ass and elbow first on the flat, my head hit dirt, but my elbow took the brunt of it on the pavement. Funny bone my ass.

Lil Man rode over while I was gathering my thoughts and said "that looked like it hurt!". :rofl:
I am laughing with you, not at you. Sounds like it was raining. Better just say it was raining and blame a puddle. "That puddle came out of nowhere, never even saw it coming."