Quantcast

@@@ Middle of FTS Week @@@

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am laughing with you, not at you. Sounds like it was raining. Better just say it was raining and blame a puddle. "That puddle came out of nowhere, never even saw it coming."
The worst part is I can't see it! I just kept bleeding everywhere and kept using different stuff trying to apply pressure and the bitch was just leaking all over and wouldn't stop.

PXL_20220323_021903748.jpg

They were trying to stitch my shin from the chain wheel and I just laughed. I've had WAY worse than that. Just make my elbow stop leaking. :rofl:

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
The bad news is that I owed a bunch.
The good news is that I owed a bunch.
As long as that effective rate is reasonable then there’s not much to complain about.
It's that effective rate being "reasonable" that I take umbridge with. My tax dude keeps telling me this is a happy problem, and having to prepay for 2022 already after selling a bunch of stock is an even happier problem, but somehow I'm not feeling happy.

Maybe I should go buy tools, that'll probably cheer me up.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It's that effective rate being "reasonable" that I take umbridge with. My tax dude keeps telling me this is a happy problem, and having to prepay for 2022 already after selling a bunch of stock is an even happier problem, but somehow I'm not feeling happy.

Maybe I should go buy tools, that'll probably cheer me up.
I've been a bit of a tool magnet lately. They're so useful it's silly. Latest acquisition is a Park Tools GG-1. For when the grease needs precise application. Brought home a set of used Bondhus allen wrenches yesterday also. It was only missing the 3.5mm wrench. Free-fifty was the right price.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I've been a bit of a tool magnet lately. They're so useful it's silly. Latest acquisition is a Park Tools GG-1. For when the grease needs precise application. Brought home a set of used Bondhus allen wrenches yesterday also. It was only missing the 3.5mm wrench. Free-fifty was the right price.
I was recently reflecting on the great tool paradox...you don't know you need said tool until the job arises, at which point you are SOL. So do you pre-buy and hope you are set when that day comes? Or do you buy when the situation arises so it never happens again?

Me, who could have used a belt sander to knock down some edges on a subfloor the other weekend. Random orbit did okay, but there's no substitute for a belt sander.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I was recently reflecting on the great tool paradox...you don't know you need said tool until the job arises, at which point you are SOL. So do you pre-buy and hope you are set when that day comes? Or do you buy when the situation arises so it never happens again?

Me, who could have used a belt sander to knock down some edges on a subfloor the other weekend. Random orbit did okay, but there's no substitute for a belt sander.
As long as I don't end up in a situation where, in the middle of a job, I need a tool to finish, but I also need that tool to go get the tool. That's when you know. And if you know, you know.

like having your car suspension torn apart in the driveway, only to realize you need that size tool. :busted:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Pre-buy if its a great deal on a used tool or pay the piper when you need it brand new. Renting tools is viable for the big ticket things needed in a blue moon.

I did the "wow that's a good deal but I dont need it" enough times to find myself needing said tool another time and not finding a deal. Now when I find a good deal I am more willing to jump on it's especially if I can re-sell and get 80-100% of my funds back.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Found an RV park nearby to pull into on friday and continue moving/packing/storing stuff. Needed something close while getting my VA appointments out of the way and handling details before I venture down the road. Will be nice to simplify, after next week will be getting a gladiator and getting it wired/modded to flat tow.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Pre-buy if its a great deal on a used tool or pay the piper when you need it brand new. Renting tools is viable for the big ticket things needed in a blue moon.

I did the "wow that's a good deal but I dont need it" enough times to find myself needing said tool another time and not finding a deal. Now when I find a good deal I am more willing to jump on it's especially if I can re-sell and get 80-100% of my funds back.
I'm not saying I have been known to take advantage of the generous 30 day return policy at most big stores re: single use tools...

But I'm not NOT saying it either ;)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I have a non-park version of that grease gun and it's the bee's knees!

You're probably aware already, but McMaster sells individual Bonhus hex keys, they're dirt cheap too.

Thinking I need a larger score than a set of hex keys, may finally be time to pull the trigger on my track saw.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@maxyedor

I am excited for the mini grease gun and I didn't know about McMaster selling single heck keys. Thanks for the tip! You should get a track saw and then make a bunch of custom trim for your house!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The worst part is I can't see it! I just kept bleeding everywhere and kept using different stuff trying to apply pressure and the bitch was just leaking all over and wouldn't stop.

View attachment 173921

They were trying to stitch my shin from the chain wheel and I just laughed. I've had WAY worse than that. Just make my elbow stop leaking. :rofl:
this

81kkDeXNSAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg