Quantcast

Middle of the week Blurday

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
My wife loves her Ti El Mariachi, they're great bikes.
I got the steel version. I just want something simple I can throw in the back of the car and just ride. My full suspension is 5lbs heavier and the fork and rear shock are shot. I don't want to put anymore money into it and just want to get out and ride more with less hassle.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I got the steel version. I just want something simple I can throw in the back of the car and just ride. My full suspension is 5lbs heavier and the fork and rear shock are shot. I don't want to put anymore money into it and just want to get out and ride more with less hassle.

This is how I ended up riding rigid steel single speeds. And riding alone so I don't have to wait for other people dicking around with their complicated geegaws (which I usually end up fixing) and personal issues. It was making bike riding a pain in the ass, so I cut the fat. Me. Bike. Ride. Done.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

@stosh is that a 27.2 seat tube?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
This is how I ended up riding rigid steel single speeds. And riding alone so I don't have to wait for other people dicking around with their complicated geegaws (which I usually end up fixing) and personal issues. It was making bike riding a pain in the ass, so I cut the fat. Me. Bike. Ride. Done.
I've been riding alone for years. Now my daughter LOVES riding with me and she's like my twin in riding ability and interest in being in the woods. I'm an 40yr old and she's a 10yr old so we both keep up with each other (for now) and there's no drama (for now).

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept in, hoping the forecast is correct and we don't break 100 today. 105 yesterday sucked. Need to start loading my fishing gear into the camper. heading to the lake for the weekend. In the meantime...Dialysis transports

I could use a new bike instead of my 2012 Trek Fuel 26er with a triple but I don't our finances saying yes unless I manage to break the frame

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
This is why my commuter bike is a single speed belt drive jobber. Less noise, less fuss, and I just have to stand up now and then.

But for mountain biking give me gears around here!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have an externally routed
Based on this photo I'm assuming it's a 30.9.

I have a KS 27.2 externally routed dropper I used maybe two times on my ancient XC bike before I opted for a whole new bike. Yours if interested, is is a setback post though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I have an externally routed

I have a KS 27.2 externally routed dropper I used maybe two times on my ancient XC bike before I opted for a whole new bike. Yours if interested, is is a setback post though.
Ohhhhh ok. Got a pic?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
So, decided to FTS and go for a bike ride.
Load up the car with bike and gear.
Putting down my street, things feel a bit sluggish.
Clutch in and coast, whoa that was a quick slowdown.
Turn around and back the couple of blocks to home.
Should my drivers rear brake be smoking like that?
Wrenches, skinned knuckles and much swearing later...
I now have an un-seized emergency brake and freely spinning wheel again.
Looks like the pad, rotor and wheel bearing survived, got hot but not cooked.
Now, too late to ride teh bike.
Maybe tomorrow....sigh.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I went for an easy 20 miles on the tri bike, if that counts for riding. Warm, windy, and beautiful. My back felt tight and uncomfortable but tolerable, and seemed to feel better as the ride progressed. Wife suggested maybe I skip the ride and rest my back, but I didn't understand what she was trying to say. She is now throwing some misc foodthings into the Instant Pot that will turn into dinner.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
well, that was a really intense 45 minutes. My 13 y.o. dog was under the camper. She had vomited everywhere, peed on herself, and couldn't walk. She was all lopsided, and was falling to the left when she tried to walk. We were pretty sure she had a stroke. Got her to the vet, looks like she just has a bad case of something similar to vertigo.
on some meds, chillin' under the camper again.
Definitely some dark thoughts going on, but looks like she will live to jump up on the bed another day...