Quantcast

>>> Middle Shitshow GMT<<<

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Work is slowing down as my manager prepares for my departure on paternity leave.

Raining today through tomorrow. Guess I'll do inside stuff like read a book or two?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
feeling like death after my digestion comes back on line from a week's worth of salad shooter ass, plus medicine guts from anything i could cram in my gullet the past couple of days.

Zero training nor riding. Was hoping I'd be OK today, but it looks like it'll be more seminar and movies until I can shake this off.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
feeling like death after my digestion comes back on line from a week's worth of salad shooter ass, plus medicine guts from anything i could cram in my gullet the past couple of days.

Zero training nor riding. Was hoping I'd be OK today, but it looks like it'll be more seminar and movies until I can shake this off.
brat diet dude. you're a parent, you should know that.

i'd take 3 days of butt squirts over the multi weeks of back pain i've been dealing with.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
brat diet dude. you're a parent, you should know that.

i'd take 3 days of butt squirts over the multi weeks of back pain i've been dealing with.
that's fair, but as an adult it's difficult to tell whether you're dealing with an isolated incident (too much busch lite and chicken wings) or something more prolonged. BRATs won't help overindulgence of Tbell. My trots were sporadic...I'd be solid then soft then solid then soft, like a boomer with a new script

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that's fair, but as an adult it's difficult to tell whether you're dealing with an isolated incident (too much busch lite and chicken wings) or something more prolonged. BRATs won't help overindulgence of Tbell. My trots were sporadic...I'd be solid then soft then solid then soft, like a boomer with a new script
fair enough.

poopmonkey dot com

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
how long do you get for paternity? paid?
Massachusetts state law allows up to 12 weeks, with reimbursement of wages up to a maximum benefit of $850/week. My company will cover the difference for the first two weeks, so I'll have 2 weeks at full pay, $850 for every week after that.

The plan right now is to do 4 weeks total.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
take it aaaaaaaaaaaaaall

I'm getting the urge to buy a hardtail again. WTF
Down to one income, so while I'd love to take more, money dictates otherwise.

And I'd offer to let you ride my hardtail so you could remember how miserable it is around here, but I dare say our height difference makes that a bit of a moot point.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back at work after a week and a bit off. :(

But am at least at home today. Should be an easy day, though. Need to start sifting through the 500 new emails.

Weather looks nice today. Will have to get out for our weekly group ride; last Wednesday that the DH park will be open until 8pm.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Nice zipper Looks like your back got 3 more staples than my ankle did
What did you do to require 25 staples in your ankle?! :shocked:
Why not both?

Had my first bowel movement since my accident yesterday. Crash was on the 26th. So 5 days without pooping. Was worried it would hurt, but I guess the softeners they had been giving me 2x for three days worked. Aside from having to push a little harder than usual, it was fine. Smelled foul though.

I might be going home today. Insurance company has agreed to send me home by ambulance. Theyre organizing it now. It's a 5 hour drive. Was sort of hoping for a helicopter ride but I guess you can't have it all...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ran an hour on the high school track this morning. Good run. There were some old ladies walking on the track, and I actually enjoy having some company, but JHFC with their perfume. The smell of the nearby portapotties was less offensive.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Massachusetts state law allows up to 12 weeks, with reimbursement of wages up to a maximum benefit of $850/week. My company will cover the difference for the first two weeks, so I'll have 2 weeks at full pay, $850 for every week after that.

The plan right now is to do 4 weeks total.
Fortunately you'll be getting your money's worth of that time off - 21 out of 24 hours of every day will be spent awake.

:D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wow. I walk into one shit of a conversation here...

Here. Moderate day. First shipment of storage cabinets showed up yesterday. I spent a bit of this morning clearing out their space and my neighbor will help me get them into place. Doing a shelf/space accounting I should be able to get 2 times the existing space worth of stuff into them. Proper storage ftw.
IMG_20210901_080216_01.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Down to one income, so while I'd love to take more, money dictates otherwise.

And I'd offer to let you ride my hardtail so you could remember how miserable it is around here, but I dare say our height difference makes that a bit of a moot point.
I appreciate that...it's usually all it takes. I had a scott hardtail for a while and it was a joy, but fuck did it bang up my lower back just scooting around.

If you've got one income, then hopefully you also have one full-time parent. That should be doable. I hope things go well for you guys!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
just got word that my compressor is finally dead in my AC condensor. Apparently the previous owners installed an R410 air handler on a R22a condensor...now the condensor is dead, and hopefully I don't have to buy both.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What did you do to require 25 staples in your ankle?! :shocked:

Why not both?

Had my first bowel movement since my accident yesterday. Crash was on the 26th. So 5 days without pooping. Was worried it would hurt, but I guess the softeners they had been giving me 2x for three days worked. Aside from having to push a little harder than usual, it was fine. Smelled foul though.

I might be going home today. Insurance company has agreed to send me home by ambulance. Theyre organizing it now. It's a 5 hour drive. Was sort of hoping for a helicopter ride but I guess you can't have it all...
Safe trip home! Hopefully they take the smooth route around Montreal and not across the horrible autoroute 40 (or whichever it is) through the city.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

I also pooped today. It was of a nice, rich dark color and of normal consistency

Reading ultrasounds today otherwise.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I can't believe how difficult buying and selling shit is, even in the day of facebook marketplace which cut down on spammers so much. Holy christ-
"Are you around today or tomorrow, I'm local and can pick up" -
"yes"
"Can you grab a measurement for me or read the size" "No answer"

man forget it, I'll ride my old crap

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
maybe some day i'll get an actual road bike instead of piecemealing together second hand stuff and whatever random MTB stuff i have sitting around

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I can't believe how difficult buying and selling shit is, even in the day of facebook marketplace which cut down on spammers so much. Holy christ-
"yes"

Agreed.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
"yes"

We've started to just donate a ton of nice furniture that doesn't fit around the house since we moved Hannah's room and got Haley her new bed. It's not worth the $100 we *might* get out if it.

I really want a new bike, but I don't think I want to deal with the effort of selling mine (nor adtl px of a new bike). I might just change the angles a bit steeper, stiffen the hell out of the shock and call it a day.

I had one person try to pull the Bicycle Blue Book price on a small FS bike I just sold. Told her to fuck off. There are zero nice(r) small FS bikes available right now. Demand drives prices, not what an online organization says.

People just expect too much for too little.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Stay home and stay safe and stay prepared in case Caldor fire decides to drop into Minden/Gardnerville so I can protect home or evacuate, or..........

Drive to Vegas to pick up new Tacoma.

Decisions.....