Quantcast

Middle-week GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. No appts today, so a lot of construction to be done. Also a few hours of smile and dial. Didn't finish the fireplace because I had to drive 45min away to get my cabinet doors. Not surprisingly, the quality is shit. I'm going to have to strip them and start over.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Spent a couple of days biking in Mont Ste-Marie and some hiking along the way in Gatineau park.

First camping in the van for Maya. All went good, even the sleeping arrangement.

105411258_1470193959855708_683058651740635263_n.jpg

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
is the bike bike-able?
any word from the Insurance vampires?
Still no word from bike shop, they did say it would be a while because they are 'Rona busy.

And zero communication from state farm. My Allstate agent said to contact him if I don't hear from them by Thursday. It comes to that I may run it up the flag pole to the attorney I used after the motorcycle accident. I'm sure that will get their attention.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it got there, sluggers!! I slept like rat cocks last night and attempted to skip my morning workout and sleep in, but the cats were all like "WAKE THE FUCK UP ASSHOLE!!" So I said fuck it and waddled my fat ass to the pool. Of course, I ended up having a really good swim. Weird how that happens. I'll spend my lunch break going for a hilly run for an hour.

I earned a $100 "Wellness" check from the new job for completing healthy activities from January through June. I've only been there a month but got the free money. One item was you had to log 250,000 steps total for the six months. I synced my Garmin and had 500,000 steps in June alone. lmao

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Contractor 1 finally showed up for his shit. "It's outside" got a quick pickup response, finally. Gives me space to set up another sawhorse drying rack to repaint all the shelves and doors that were done poorly. I was at lest hoping that those would be good enough to install, but alas no. That was a confirmed $700 toasted.

I'm fucking done with contractors. I know how to do all this shit, it just takes me longer. I will only outsource insulation and repair work going forward. When Wifey wants to paint the kitchen cabinets white, I'll sand and paint them one section at time and go to a cabinet door store to have doors built. Counter-tops will be a Home Depot job because I have insurance that route. Same with her office - one section of shelves at a time. Same with building the wine bar in the dining room - slow build with HD counter-top.

I just wish I had a contractor (like @dan-o) I could trust locally to do good work and not just turn-and-burn because we are relatively small fish.

@Nick when it comes time to do your place, just let me know. I've got all the tools you should need and with exception of tile, can show you how to do almost everything you might want to do. Not tile because I fucking hate it and can never get it straight, level, or properly spaced, even with spacers and risers.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Still no word from bike shop, they did say it would be a while because they are 'Rona busy.

And zero communication from state farm. My Allstate agent said to contact him if I don't here from them by Thursday. It comes to that I may run it up the flag pole to the attorney I used after the motorcycle accident. I'm sure that will get there attention.
careful, once you head down the lawyer path there's no turning back.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Contractor 1 finally showed up for his shit. "It's outside" got a quick pickup response, finally. Gives me space to set up another sawhorse drying rack to repaint all the shelves and doors that were done poorly. I was at lest hoping that those would be good enough to install, but alas no. That was a confirmed $700 toasted.

I'm fucking done with contractors. I know how to do all this shit, it just takes me longer. I will only outsource insulation and repair work going forward. When Wifey wants to paint the kitchen cabinets white, I'll sand and paint them one section at time and go to a cabinet door store to have doors built. Counter-tops will be a Home Depot job because I have insurance that route. Same with her office - one section of shelves at a time. Same with building the wine bar in the dining room - slow build with HD counter-top.

I just wish I had a contractor (like @dan-o) I could trust locally to do good work and not just turn-and-burn because we are relatively small fish.

@Nick when it comes time to do your place, just let me know. I've got all the tools you should need and with exception of tile, can show you how to do almost everything you might want to do. Not tile because I fucking hate it and can never get it straight, level, or properly spaced, even with spacers and risers.
///Stoney ///Vila

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
well aint this a goddamn skippy wednesday.
1st post op apt was yesterday. recovery will be long and slow. guess its good I am not missing anything this summer. -_-
guess i will eat some gummies and water the plants

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Getting xrays. Slowly coming to the realization that maybe i need to reign it in a little bit. Which is a difficult life decision, as I am riding faster than ever. Reality bites sometimes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Getting xrays. Slowly coming to the realization that maybe i need to reign it in a little bit. Which is a difficult life decision, as I am riding faster than ever. Reality bites sometimes.
Just a hair... the old guy we ride with eats shit quite a bit too. Hes kind of like you, pushes as hard as he can all the time. In his benefit, are the lack of rocks around here to crash on.

I say still send it. :D Just need to find that edge where you're confident, but respectful.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
finding that sweet spot of riding hard enough and fast enough that you're enjoying yourself but not fully pushing your limits to the point you're routinely crashing and getting hurt is a process. i went through that when i stopped racing DH.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
well aint this a goddamn skippy wednesday.
1st post op apt was yesterday. recovery will be long and slow. guess its good I am not missing anything this summer. -_-
guess i will eat some gummies and water the plants
Just make sure you're not eating the plants and watering the gummies. :drag:

Quit fucking crashing, Old Man.

Just a hair... the old guy we ride with eats shit quite a bit too. Hes kind of like you, pushes as hard as he can all the time. In his benefit, are the lack of rocks around here to crash on.
Yeah - the part @rideit crashed on is about as rocky as trail gets. :rofl:

finding that sweet spot of riding hard enough and fast enough that you're enjoying yourself but not fully pushing your limits to the point you're routinely crashing and getting hurt is a process. i went through that when i stopped racing DH.
Good advice. And you know what *else* is inadvisable? Riding with that fucker @Full Trucker - or if you do, make sure he's so far out ahead of you that you don't see him on the descent.

"Yeah - I'm gonna give you 5 minutes or so to get out in front so I'm not following right in your dust-cloud. Yeah... that's the ticket. Don't want your dust slowing me down. Oh - and can you have the gin ready when I get back to the truck? If you could do that, that'd be great."

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
careful, once you head down the lawyer path there's no turning back.
Speaking of which, how is your wife’s saga going?

I “rode” Mountain Lion super early, as my riding buddy for the morning needed to be back in cell phone reception comfortably earlier than an 8:30 am call. It was good as usual.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
TBF, I was riding with the guy that FT has a hard time keeping up with...but yeah, this crashing thing has to be addressed. And they were all saying that Stoney crashes a lot...

EDIT: Thinking about it, I hadn’t gotten hurt on a bike in about 12 years before this last Fall. So I guess that was a good run, and gave me a *tiny* sense that maybe I knew what I was doing. Ahhh, getting older...

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We discussed this concept at the weekend, going so fast for a brief period until you crash and then lay on the trail in pain does not mean you're riding fast overall :D

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
au contraire mon frère : after the bionic knee you probably (already) hit your out-of-pocket max deductible for 2020, so what have you got to lose ;)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuck. The town has fenced off my beer spot. Police and bylaw trucks out all over the place near the water here. God damn city traffic too, I assume people in Toronto thought the beaches were open up here.

Oh well. Beer in the shade and then back home. Not sure if it's the baggy clothes, mtb shoes and helmet or the beer on my bike, but only about 4 out 50 road bikers I've passed have waved back. I wave at some, who look back at me as if I'm an alien. :confused: losers...least I got beer.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
au contraire mon frère : after the bionic knee you probably (already) hit your out-of-pocket max deductible for 2020, so what have you got to lose ;)
Wifey suggested that I get my other knee done this year (it will need it eventually), but I don’t know that I could emotionally handle another 4 month rehab/strength training/missing another winter season.
but financially, it would be the smart call.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'll spend my lunch break going for a hilly run for an hour.
Well that was interesting. I thought I could beat the rain but I got three miles in and it started to dump. I spent the last five miles in a steady downpour, and it was kind of awesome. The rain felt great. Wife was waiting at the door with a towel when I got home.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just had a chance to look at the painting of the shelves and doors. Fucker only did 1 coat primer and 1 side with enamel. Wifey is in the process of lighting them both up on our local "word of mouth" on FB for service industry/contractors. Apparently once scorned there, it nukes your ability to get a lot of work in the community (25k households; 10k members to the WoM group). Let's hope it works.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just had a chance to look at the painting of the shelves and doors. Fucker only did 1 coat primer and 1 side with enamel. Wifey is in the process of lighting them both up on our local "word of mouth" on FB for service industry/contractors. Apparently once scorned there, it nukes your ability to get a lot of work in the community (25k households; 10k members to the WoM group). Let's hope it works.
///Karens

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Noontime Monkeys.

My water filters didn't show yesterday, so they are supposed to be here today. Mad scramble to get those in today as the plan is to bug out by 1 tomorrow. I for one am excited. We get this bitch packed and ready tonight.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Just got off phone with state farm. Accepted full liability right out of the gate, basically just asked whether I wanted a check or direct deposit. Waiting for them to email me all the docs so I can read them. Hopefully this wont take long.

Time to internet shop for bikes. My LBS is shilling Pivots these days, I'm also of course looking to go full rid egg. I looked at Alchemy too, but no large frames in stock until FSM only knows when, plus monocle factor. Decisions, decisions...........