Quantcast

@#$%^&Middle Week&^%$

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bike and stuff is packed for tonight's ride, but looks like there are chances of thunderstorms, so it might be a game time decision.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Quite cool outside this morning, sub 60 freedums, I think this means winter is coming...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Worked from home yesterday morning, then bailed on work starting at noon to golf with a coworker.

Back in the office today with meetings all afternoon. I preferred yesterday.

Good news is, wife found out today she starts work again Aug 17th (she's been furloughed since early April I think it was). Return for a few weeks then pop out little shit #2 and take another 4 months off. Crazy times we live in.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Slept like crap, coffee barely working, job interview in a couple hoursthen Lowe’s to buy wire and unfuck some ghetto electrical found while installing my 2nd 240v circuit.

May try and sneak in a lap around the little loop tonight, we shall see

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Shoulder felt good enough to pedal around the neighborhood last night. Arm probably would have fallen off if I tried to bunny hop, but pedaling and steering is something better than nothing. Also doctors orders were to keep it immobilized for another two weeks so I feel like I am ahead of the game.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
new section of trail opened at some semi local trails (hour drive each way). its only about a half mile but its got berms and jumps. may have to pay it a visit sometime soon.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Got an offer to build bikes and wrench for yet another shop. They want me full time, but I don’t actually want to ‘work’ on a schedule anymore. I would rather just freelance. This opens up all sorts of new wholesale options, though.
these ‘jobs’ are expensive!

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Midday Monkeys.

Interview went awesome, it was a formality but it was just he and I BSing for 40 minutes. But he had some questions and we talked about stuff, it was good. So I should be hearing from HR with salary and whatnot. Still not 100% what to expect. Market rate? Billing rate? Billing rate - some%? Market rate for "principal engineer" (whatever that is)? Guess we shall find out in a day or 2. My contract is until end of month, so...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
You’re 1099 without benefits now? If so then yes, expect some percentage less than your raw rate, as it were.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You’re 1099 without benefits now? If so then yes, expect some percentage less than your raw rate, as it were.
My last conversion was just about -10% and I would be very happy with that. The reality is I don't need medical, but vacation and retirement is all I care to add. Stability would be nice, but I've been saying that for 20 years. :panic:

We were talking past jobs and I mentioned Donglegate. :rofl: That was seriously one of my all time favorite jobs.

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
So, job interview seems to have gone well, 3.5 hours of talking is a lot. Have a quick demo CAD model to do for the company, but thinking I’ll get an offer so that’s a major plus. Did not however get a tide in today, so that’s suboptimal

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Pretty much ready for my webinar tomorrow. Usually they are relatively small (10-15 people), occasionally getting up to 30-40. Tomorrow's is at 225 as of end of day today and the employer is pushing all of their employees within 10 years of retirement to attend. We'll probably end up with 4-6% of the entire staff is the sign-up rate continues as it's going, which is a phenomenal attendance rate.

Got the CAD plans for my workbench and have started going through it. Designer laid out really nice plans, including having .csv files put together to use MaxCut to optimize wood usage. I'm pretty stoked to start working on it once all my tools get here and I make sure all of my stuff is organized beforehand. Wifey has agreed to let me sacrifice the Ikea table we have in the basement dinette to work off of while I build the workbench on the assumption that I build a nicer on afterwards. I think I can get along with that plan.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So my interview with the HR lady went well, I might have undersold myself on the salary front, but I guess I'll find out. I need to do a background check, 3 references, and a wizz quiz. When she asked what my salary expectations were, she said she didn't think I would be disappointed with the number they would present.

She said Oregon law says they can't ask me what I used to make, but they pay my contract every two weeks, so they kinda know what I make, right?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also on the medical bennies, it seems it will only save me about $65 a pay check by not taking them. But it is $65. I will take the extra dental to cover the crowns I will need eventually.