Quantcast

@#$%^&Middle Week&^%$

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Also on the medical bennies, it seems it will only save me about $65 a pay check by not taking them. But it is $65. I will take the extra dental to cover the crowns I will need eventually.
Dude. Take the medical insurance. Small probability of a huge financial cost. Insure.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
So my interview with the HR lady went well, I might have undersold myself on the salary front, but I guess I'll find out. I need to do a background check, 3 references, and a wizz quiz. When she asked what my salary expectations were, she said she didn't think I would be disappointed with the number they would present.

She said Oregon law says they can't ask me what I used to make, but they pay my contract every two weeks, so they kinda know what I make, right?

Pro tip, don’t poop in the drug test cup.

they may not know exactly what they pay via contract, I’m sure they have a rough idea, butthose staffing companies/head hunters/ whatever they’re called this week have a lot of flexibility in their rates. They get a commission on placing you, or renting you out depending onwhat your situation is, but if you work for a large company they may have a negotiated rate, or the agency may have foregone their cut to keep a good customer happy.

Nice thing is they’re probably already paying out the ass for you, so they can give you a fat raise and still save money. My previous job started at an agency then switched to full time, got a 15% raise and the company pocketed the other 10% savings, worked great for all parties involved.

As far as the medical, what’s your situation? I always forgot it and try to get whatever I can on my check since I have crazy good coverage through my wife for $10/month. However, if it’s good coverage I say take it. The difference between good and average coverage is pretty significant if you break yourself.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude. Take the medical insurance. Small probability of a huge financial cost. Insure.
The options are Kaiser and Blue Cross. The wife works for our insurance provider and our coverage is not only good, but dirt cheap. The insurance would cost $50/month for high deductible, $110/month for 80/60, $170/month for 100/80.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The options are Kaiser and Blue Cross. The wife works for our insurance provider and our coverage is not only good, but dirt cheap. The insurance would cost $50/month for high deductible, $110/month for 80/60, $170/month for 100/80.
Ok. As long as you're covered one way or another. Don't be RhinoDHer.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Pro tip, don’t poop in the drug test cup.

Nice thing is they’re probably already paying out the ass for you, so they can give you a fat raise and still save money. My previous job started at an agency then switched to full time, got a 15% raise and the company pocketed the other 10% savings, worked great for all parties involved.
I hope for this, I lost 10% last time. I was making toward the top of my usual hourly rate, so 10% less would still be a bump up from where I was last.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ok. As long as you're covered one way or another. Don't be RhinoDHer.
Normally I would be taking it as when the wife was doing hygiene she had none and as a contractor it was $1200/month for shit. While she makes jack shit now compared to what she made then, the bennies are awesome and she can work from home away from the COVID.