Quantcast

))) Middle(((

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In my teenage years I once set a Costco muffin on fire in the microwave because I hit one too many buttons and then proceeded to fall asleep on the couch. It took weeks for that stench to clear the microwave.
Microwave a bagel for about 6 minutes and you have a military grade smoke bomb. Fun for tossing into open windows or perhaps forcing an evacuation at work.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
In my teenage years I once set a Costco muffin on fire in the microwave because I hit one too many buttons and then proceeded to fall asleep on the couch. It took weeks for that stench to clear the microwave.
I left my tube amp on overnight, last week. I was playing, took a break, passed out on the sofa, woke up to move to my bed. I totally forgot to shut it down. In the morning I thanked the FSM it didn’t go up like a Norwegian church.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I left my tube amp on overnight, last week. I was playing, took a break, passed out on the sofa, woke up to move to my bed. I totally forgot to shut it down. In the morning I thanked the FSM it didn’t go up like a Norwegian church.

A tube amp isn't any more dangerous than an incadescent light bulb. In fact a tube is just a fancy light bulb.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
If you’re serious, I know someone working on “sniffer” robots that can “smell” the air and detect chemicals like ammonia. Kinda wild stuff.
I am serious and I am building and maintaining instruments which sniff the air and detect chemical vapors like ammonia. The tightest range instrument we make is 0-50 ppm.

I know a certain aerospace company bought one we set up for hydraulic oil vapor. A deep sea company uses our instrument to test their rebreathers ability to scrub ammonia.

Mostly we sell these instruments in fruit and hop cold storage facilities around WA state. Theres not really any place like the PNW for sheer number of ammonia reefer facilities.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
kept getting an HF error on the washer, looked it up. Insufficient water flow hot. I pulled the hoses. cold was ok, the hot water inflow end was fine, the outflow end was 50% clogged with calcium deposits. Two new hoses installed.

IMG_20210818_184804394.jpg