Quantcast

>>*<< Middle >>*<<

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Meeting complete. Retirement will likely start after year end bonus is received at end of month. Man, I’ve really been miserable in my job for far too long. I know this because as I sit here at my computer I feel A sense of relief and happiness. Life is too short to be unhappy at a job to work toward what? Retirement when you hit 65 and are to old and jaded and broken to do fun things.
Any chance of a severance/buyout? That's the sort of thing a guy dreams of... :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Meeting complete. Retirement will likely start after year end bonus is received at end of month. Man, I’ve really been miserable in my job for far too long. I know this because as I sit here at my computer I feel A sense of relief and happiness. Life is too short to be unhappy at a job to work toward what? Retirement when you hit 65 and are to old and jaded and broken to do fun things.
Good for you. Probably not the way you envisioned your career ending, but it could be a heck of a lot worse. So long as you've got your health and enough set away to be comfortable, sounds like a win.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good for you. Probably not the way you envisioned your career ending, but it could be a heck of a lot worse. So long as you've got your health and enough set away to be comfortable, sounds like a win.
couple years back a guy in my department got put on a PIP then submitted his retirement the next day

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah is at 100%, including the 4 random phone calls between meetings.

Just learned that I am receiving an award from the Chief of Police from one of my cities. He's the only person that can give it out, so don't get butt hurt. It's very rarely given away, only provided to people who "have provide a great value to the city and community". Apparently I do good for the city and it's employees. :D I better get a raise for this shit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
couple years back a guy in my department got put on a PIP then submitted his retirement the next day

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Congratulations!

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Good for you. Probably not the way you envisioned your career ending, but it could be a heck of a lot worse.
I actually envisioned going out on bad terms and being chased out the door by the owner after I told him he runs the company like a complete ass and our operations manager is a cocksucker that treats people like shit and lies to make himself look good. So this is probably good.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I actually envisioned going out on bad terms and being chased out the door by the owner after I told him he runs the company like a complete ass and our operations manager is a cocksucker that treats people like shit and lies to make himself look good. So this is probably good.
It didn't work for George Costanza. Why do you think that will work for you? Have you considered dropping a huge ball of oil from a high place instead?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just learned that I am receiving an award from the Chief of Police from one of my cities. He's the only person that can give it out, so don't get butt hurt. It's very rarely given away, only provided to people who "have provide a great value to the city and community". Apparently I do good for the city and it's employees. :D I better get a raise for this shit.
are you the neighborhood Karen/narc, or is this work related?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I mean, you haven't retired yet...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Congratulations! Excellent news.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
ftfy. i like what i do.
A rider parked next to me at a trailhead recently bragged about retiring from the school system, asked me if was retired yet, then repeated the meme about how no one ever says they wished they had worked more. I told him what I did, and said that there is no way I will ever get enough work done, not possible in one lifetime as an artist.

He also wore bibs, was on a 29r single-speed, talked about racing against some fast dudes in the over 50 class, used the term "druggies' and blamed the current administration for a plethora of issues. I kept trying to prolong gearing up so he would leave, but he started doing laps in the parking lot while telling me all this. I think he expected me to chase him because he waited until I was ready to roll. I did not, was pulled off the trail for a safety break 2 minutes into it. Never saw Mr. Intense again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A rider parked next to me at a trailhead recently bragged about retiring from the school system, asked me if was retired yet, then repeated the meme about how no one ever says they wished they had worked more. I told him what I did, and said that there is no way I will ever get enough work done, not possible in one lifetime as an artist.

He also wore bibs, was on a 29r single-speed, talked about racing against some fast dudes in the over 50 class, used the term "druggies' and blamed the current administration for a plethora of issues. I kept trying to prolong gearing up so he would leave, but he started doing laps in the parking lot while telling me all this. I think he expected me to chase him because he waited until I was ready to roll. I did not, was pulled off the trail for a safety break 2 minutes into it. Never saw Mr. Intense again.
did you not have a hammer within arms reach?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Don't kid yourself. I'm 66 and I do tons of fun shit. It may be different than what I did at 30 but I am having a ball, riding , Kayaking, traveling, fly fishing, back packing. I won't stop fucking around until they toss dirt on top of me. You have to grow old but you sure as fuck don't have to grow up and as people who don't do shit like to say "act your age"

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Sideways snowshoeing so you can pack the whole trail down is hard core :0
1670483705322.png

I was wondering how much work it'd take to pack in my local XC ski loop down by the river at the shitbox in Idahoozle for fat biking (3 ish miles and 240" freshies/yr) and decided it's not worth it when I have "groomed" fatbiking at Harriman 20 mins drive away.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
3 snowshoe “widths” is pretty close to optimal, but turns need to be wider. The rear tire cuts inside of the front and you need extra space. The sideways was against where i backfilled outside of the trail, giving it some berm slope to help with the turn.
The real wide one above is a climb, so i went over that a bunch of times to get it more packed and wider so it doesnt rut out easily.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
3 snowshoe “widths” is pretty close to optimal, but turns need to be wider. The rear tire cuts inside of the front and you need extra space. The sideways was against where i backfilled outside of the trail, giving it some berm slope to help with the turn.
The real wide one above is a climb, so i went over that a bunch of times to get it more packed and wider so it doesnt rut out easily.
Did you ever tried pulling a car tire?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Did you ever tried pulling a car tire?
That doesn't pack trails. On the slightest off-camber stuff, tires and sleds just slide right off the trail. Making a tight twisty trail sustainable over the winter takes some work, berming, filling holes, making it wide enough, reinforcing the sides (the weakest part), etc. It's still a fraction of the man-hours of summer trail building. There are a few people that insist on dragging tires and sleds, but it really doesn't do much of anything useful for setting a trail. XC skis have a lot of compaction and while relatively skinny, are quite helpful.