Quantcast

Middleburn cranks

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i was thinking about putting this into my other crank thread, but decided to start a new one, instead...so...

who all is running Middleburn cranks, and what do you think of them? all they're hyped up to be? how did you get ahold of them, and, if you don't mind, how much did you pay?

(does Ibex typically have a decent stock of them?)

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I'm interested in some as well although not too sure after what Don was telling me about his troubles with them. chainreactioncycles.com has some for about $248usd with chainring, spider, bolts, etc.. (atleast that's what the currency conversion was yesterday) I'd still like to find out what people think of them. And of course, if they'd fit on an M3. :D :p ;)

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
binary visions said:
Care to elaborate? Never heard anything but glowing reviews of them.
He said he stripped his out and some other problem. I don't quite recall but I think I'm going to be ordering a set from Brian in the next week or so.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I have probably sold a dozen or so sets and have never seen or heard about a problem with them. I love mine, Don just doesn't know how to wrench on bikes.

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
I have probably sold a dozen or so sets and have never seen or heard about a problem with them. I love mine, Don just doesn't know how to wrench on bikes.
Sounds like he lacks some luster on driving too. :D

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i bought from Brian good man...

run them on my Karpiel Army, work great. good chain line too.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
DHS said:
run them on my Karpiel Army, work great. good chain line too.
:stupid: hehehe, same here

its the kind of crank you can fit and have complete peace of mind that your not gonna have a problem, as i have said on many occsions, super stiff, super strong, super nice, you really cant go wrong with these bad boys.
i've been running them for about 1 1/2 year plus without one single litle niggle or problem.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
the Inbred said:
any of you guys running square tapered?
:eek:
do not ever want to here those two word used together ever again!

still using the same raceface evolve DH that i bought as a temporary solution until i could get my hands on something better :D