Quantcast

Middleburn Cranks

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Does anyone have any experience with Middleburn RS7 cranks for DH use? They're really light, but do they hold up well? Thanks.

J

J5ive

Did those FSA external BBs ever eventuate? That would be a mean combo.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
SuspectDevice said:
I twisted mine pretty quickly racing BMX. Now that there is no US importer I am left with no warranty recourse either...
Brian HCM#1. i get my parts through him, could he be consider the US importer. just about to put my set on my all mtn bike. i love em

J

J5ive

They should deal dirrect. I talked to them about an old pair I had which were finally flogged out at the taper, they were going to offer a replacment/trade in deal.

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
SuspectDevice said:
I twisted mine pretty quickly racing BMX. Now that there is no US importer I am left with no warranty recourse either...
Mickey,

I actually got in touch with Matthew finally and he took care of everything in my case. Shoot him an email.

Ricky

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Damn. 478 g for the arms and 290 g for the BB. Add 200 for the spider and ring and you've got a sub 1,000 gram crank setup that's stiff and strong. Sounds sweet! :D

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
Edinburgh
i've had mine for about 2.5yrs now and todate 3 bent arms and a tab snapped off my spider, sounds bad?

well i dont think so , middleburn warrenty is top notch, absolutley no quibbles at all about warrenty and i weigh in at just over 200lbs and put in more ridding in a year than many might do in 3 (800+ runs this year so far).

detachable spider makes good sense to , when i changed to an mrp type3 that only comes in 4 arm , i simply replaced a spider rather than a crank arm.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
the detachable spider is just a shimano bb tool. don't need anything special, freaking sweet