Quantcast

middleburns cranks?

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
what do you guys think of these cranks for someone who is from the US and is biking extrem DH/FR

MDBullit

Monkey
Sep 8, 2004
Bethesda, MD
julian_dh said:
why are these cranks so special anyways? light weight, strength, blend of both?
pretty much... they look nice too. I believe they have interchangeable spiders too so you can convert them to the trials set up if need be.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey how much are they i haven't been able to find a store that sells them where is the cheapest i can get them

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Middleburns are the SH!T...

Middleburn is to cranks, what Chris King is to headsets... Middleburn isn't just a company that makes cranks, but also is part of a larger engineering firm that does ALL kinds of things with metal. The process they use for their cranks makes them 2nd to none and they are SUPER lightweight.

If you want to get them, there used to be a distributor in the U.S. - but I found it a pain to get exactly what I wanted.

Go here:http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

It's across the "pond" but if you work out the exchange rate it only comes to about $220 USD - which isn't bad...

Get them - go with the RS-7's.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
sounds good but i thought they were cheaper any one selling them used i will by them from you (with the warenty) i just don't have that kind of money right now

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I can vouch for them, as one of my riding buddies who has been through his share of broken cranks hasn't made either of his sets flinch yet...2 seasons and seem to be going strong.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
zmtber said:
yeah they look awsom are the spider extra, how much $?
You can buy a complete package or build your own. I have an account with Middleburn and find it cheaper to piece the set together rather than buy a complete set. You don't get the nifty box, but hey, you can't ride the box. Last set I sold was around $210 give or take a few $.

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
hey zach y dont u tell these kind people what spiders are.....and since u do so much trials u realy need to think about it.......jsut incase ur switching the cranks between ur dh rig and ur trials....peace.....ill be at ur house at 3!a