slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
No bikies today, since it's still raining and trails are gonna be soaked. Thinking about getting a gym membership for the winter just to go ride the icky stationary bikes.
If my kids ever let me catch up on sleep and I'm not quite as exhausted all the time, I'm going to try and go back to the crossfit gym during the shoulder seasons. [ducks and runs for cover]. I liked the fact that the exercises constantly changed, which kept me motivated, that you're with other people and not just grunting and groaning alone, and that there were qualified people there making sure my movements were correct. That, and I found it made a notable difference in my riding.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Been thinking the same, even if just for the January-March. It just sucks that all the gyms here are nothing but trendy hangout spots. The trendiness doesn't help bring the membership fee down, either. :think:
True, but...yoga pants.

If my kids ever let me catch up on sleep and I'm not quite as exhausted all the time, I'm going to try and go back to the crossfit gym during the shoulder seasons. [ducks and runs for cover]. I liked the fact that the exercises constantly changed, which kept me motivated, that you're with other people and not just grunting and groaning alone, and that there were qualified people there making sure my movements were correct. That, and I found it made a notable difference in my riding.
There is a cross fit facility on the next block and a 24 hour Golds gym a few blocks over. After the holidays, I need to look into it more, unless of course it looks like a dry winter. I really don't want to lose fitness or gain weight over the winter. Worked my ass off this season to drop 20 pounds of blubber and my legs look like I can twist the cranks right off the bike.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Car should be back Friday. They pulled $1k off because I sent the VANOS down to TX to fix it. Their recommendation would not have worked, so they gave me the hat tip. Getting excited!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The commercial property I bought has sold. I am very happy about that. Chi Ching! Buyer paid cash. New car will be my reward for my 11 years of worry and patience.

Historic Erie Canal Building. It will continue to be a Historic structure into perpetuate.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
If that table is made from MDF, then that is one seriously strong woman.
Dude, it looked like she caught a folding chair with one hand after she threw the table!!

In other amazeballs we had snow last night and freezing rain all day with more weather on the way. Shiet... can't build no trIlz till the snow melts.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just don't like 'em. my buds think i'm crazy for not liking the ABT12 too...to each their own. :D :cheers:
you need to up your game. check out allagash. they are probably the best belgian style brewer in the US, and they have a lot of mixed styles out there. Belgian IPA's, belgian stouts, they also have a belgian style ale that's aged in bourbon barrels.