Quantcast

>>>Midlle FTS<<<

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just as the boys are in camp outside playing tennis and soccer it of course starts to pour down. At least all the new plants and trails gets some much needed water.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the nite life outside my room finally died off around 3:30 this morning...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
just about over this cold. Drank last night and feel like shit this morning, I wonder if there's a correlation... woke up at 5am with the shits and couldn't get back to sleep. yuck.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No meetings on my work calendar today. HOLY SHIT. One week until I return to the office. I've got eight people that report to me. Since HR is letting each department decide their own remote work arrangements, I told my staff they can do 2 days in the office and 3 days at home, until HR tells us otherwise. 100% remote is not allowed.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Vacation week 1 starting nicely.

Waiting on @StiHacka to tell me when to head up and grab the Canfield frame from him! Maybe some :monkey: beers too.
received_3992584160777682.jpeg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No meetings on my work calendar today. HOLY SHIT. One week until I return to the office. I've got eight people that report to me. Since HR is letting each department decide their own remote work arrangements, I told my staff they can do 2 days in the office and 3 days at home, until HR tells us otherwise. 100% remote is not allowed.
A lot of my coworkers are pissed as the company told everyone hybrid work schedule will be offered then their managers demanded 100% in person.

Probably will not matter, Covid cases seem to be on the rise again.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Everybody said I should not go full enduro, but I did anyway. :D Thanks @marshalolson !!!! :thumb:

IMG_0849.jpg

Of course, the Danish postal service did asked for a approx. $25 brokerage fee to get the package through customs, which did not charge customs but just VAT. :banghead:
As @CBJ already mentioned, it is now pouring rain here, so no chance to test it out.
I guess these are my sentences for going full enduro. ;)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Hot AF out there. Going to avoid doing much outside today, other than maybe running a few errands.

A lot of my coworkers are pissed as the company told everyone hybrid work schedule will be offered then their managers demanded 100% in person.

Probably will not matter, Covid cases seem to be on the rise again.
Nothing improves employee morale quite like asking everyone for their thoughts, then willfully ignoring the response and doing what you wanted to anyway. That's got management written all over it. :rofl:

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Very unpleasant heat today, think I need to work till noon and go home, come in Saturday when it's 20deg cooler and make up for lost time.....

Cut the lawn at 10pm last night to avoid heat stroke/exhaustion issues..

It's +29*C (84*F) INSIDE the shop currently with no way to cool it.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:wave:

Nothing improves employee morale quite like asking everyone for their thoughts, then willfully ignoring the response and doing what you wanted to anyway. That's got management written all over it. :rofl:

Managers around here only know how to strictly enforce pointless administrative rules and largely ignore "work" that needs to get done. So of course they will default to pointless administrative rules and ignore how it may affect what actually gets done.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am dealing with a serious Zoom fatigue, thanks to the job in an Indian-based company I had a year ago, I have a pre-covid headstart in the zoom hell. Can we just turn the effing cameras off for a week or two? :rant:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I am dealing with a serious Zoom fatigue, thanks to the job in an Indian-based company I had a year ago, I have a pre-covid headstart in the zoom hell. Can we just turn the effing cameras off for a week or two? :rant:
Our work Teams meetings are, for the most part, camera-less affairs. Which is good, 'cause I'm generally in my robe until early afternoon. :homer:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Zoom fatigue is real. My thursdays are mostly meetings so some days I am in the chair for 6 hours. I have a couple of interviews coming up, including one that is a 10-3 zoom torturefest.

pretty fancy riding over at leturr. Not sure anybody is watching it, but a hell of an effort by MVdP

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
We are camera-less for 'security' reasons.
We have the policy that we should have our cameras on as looking into a black screen is annoying a lot of folks. If you have meetings in person you can also see everybody, so why not do this on Zoom as well? If you are afraid people check out what you have in your home then find a spot with neutral background or set up a background picture.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My laptop is connected to a full mouse, keyboard and monitor. If I turned the camera on it would be pointing at the wall and I wouldn't even be in frame.

Plus I'm either in a bathrobe or old bike t-shirt :p

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
If you have meetings in person you can also see everybody, so why not do this on Zoom as well?
There are typically no mirrors in meeting rooms forcing me to see myself. Also, blank screens irritate people? How did they survive in the age of phone calls??

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Canada Day tomorrow - but my work is opting to give Friday off instead.

So I booked tomorrow off to give a nice four day weekend. BUT, the bossman caught on that I submitted the vacation request for tomorrow, which the system sees as a holiday and therefore didn't subtract a day from my holidays. Dammmmit, oh well, it was worth a try to try and swindle an extra day of vacation. :busted:

note to self - remember to buy beer tonight.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
There are typically no mirrors in meeting rooms forcing me to see myself. Also, blank screens irritate people? How did they survive in the age of phone calls??
Yes, I find it also irritating. If I want to have a conversation with someone, it is kind of nice to see that person. And yes, I hate phone calls, especially conference phone calls.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Canada Day tomorrow - but my work is opting to give Friday off instead.

So I booked tomorrow off to give a nice four day weekend. BUT, the bossman caught on that I submitted the vacation request for tomorrow, which the system sees as a holiday and therefore didn't subtract a day from my holidays. Dammmmit, oh well, it was worth a try to try and swindle an extra day of vacation. :busted:

note to self - remember to buy beer tonight.
stocked up on beers, but I may wind up participating in the #cancelcanadaday march instead... I'm not keen on the name of the event, but understand the sentiment and want to show support... so will swallow my distaste (pride?) and go along with it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Kiddos 1 and 2 got shot 2 of placebo vs Biontech/Pfizer this morning. Then I went to Costco with kiddo 3, who wanted to go there instead of go to the pool. Go figure. Now lounging.