Quantcast

>>midweek GMT<<

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Dragged my fat ass to the YMCA pool at 5:30 this morning and managed to not drown for 30 minutes. God do I suck at swimming. And now I'm tired. Coffee time!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Somehow "going to get wings with the guys" last night turned into a 5 hour adventure; got home at about 1am. I am all sorts of tired today. Might head out to the car at lunch to take a nap if this coffee doesn't do it's job.

The sun is extra sunny and stuff today!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Had a good bachelor night last night. Went for a 15 mile bike ride then had a dinner consisting of half a peanut butter and honey sandwich, a pickle, a hard boiled egg, a sweet potato, and some burrito bowl. All while watching The Wire. If that's not #crushingit I don't know what is.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Moar work, yay. Not sure how many monkeys know about this, but around here it's kinda funny. The fact that Portland is considered one of the most bike friendly cities in the world, yet we have near ZERO mountain bike trails.

Mountain bikers protest River View Natural Area off-road cycling ban

I did not attend, but would liked to have. Rather than ride the trails in protest, they didn't because the recent rain would have caused trail issues. Nice work.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

Moar work, yay. Not sure how many monkeys know about this, but around here it's kinda funny. The fact that Portland is considered one of the most bike friendly cities in the world, yet we have near ZERO mountain bike trails.

Mountain bikers protest River View Natural Area off-road cycling ban

I did not attend, but would liked to have. Rather than ride the trails in protest, they didn't because the recent rain would have caused trail issues. Nice work.
ive been following that.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Back in the day there was a fun line (illegal) from just past the zoo down to the Goose Hollow MAX stop through Forest Park. You could get off at the zoo stop, ride the elevator up and drop in. If it was early enough, you could hop the MAX and get a few runs in before work. My office was only about 2 miles from the Goose Hollow stop, so it worked awesome. If only Portland would let someone like Northwest Trail Alliance design and build trails there, it could be epic. Build it out like Blackrock. :drool:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That Zoo-bombing was illegal always seemed weird to me, because Portland, duh.

I am reading ultrasounds today. Concert I attended last night was pretty good. Son, I am not disappoint. Tomorrow marks another day writing code and prose.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Went for the first spring hike last night with the family. Don't think the little guy really knew what was going on, but it seemed to wear him out pretty well.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That Zoo-bombing was illegal always seemed weird to me, because Portland, duh.
Proper zoo-bombing (using the streets) isn't exactly illegal, but poaching the running trails and cutting straight through the woods to the BMW dealership sure was. :rofl:

They don't seem to realize just how much good work trail groups do around here, its really sad. The work at Stub over the last 3 years is down right amazing.

<edit> I recall it was a monkey that told me about it, "cut across the soccer field and the trailhead is next to the water tower". One morning I nearly killed myself on a sketchy stunt someone tried to build. I avoided it, but it came up fast. :)

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
anyone ever ridden in Baja? Some buddies are planning a trip, and are thinking of going there. Another buddy has talked about Sedona. I think I like Sedona better. I've ridden there before and was blown away. And I also have more of a similar ride vibe with that buddy, whereas the other guys are more strava-queens... But I'm still curious about Baja.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
anyone ever ridden in Baja? Some buddies are planning a trip, and are thinking of going there. Another buddy has talked about Sedona. I think I like Sedona better. I've ridden there before and was blown away. And I also have more of a similar ride vibe with that buddy, whereas the other guys are more strava-queens... But I'm still curious about Baja.
What time of year? Sedona can be hot in mid-summer. Luckily Flagstaff is right there too.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Probably perfect-ish time for Sedona. Can't help you on Baja...
My trip there in November 2012 was probably one of my best ever. The Hogs, Highline, Hangover, Submarine rock (?), slimshady were wicked fun, but I think the AZ trail in Flag from "aspen corner" is probably one of the best bits of trail I've ever ridden in my whole entire life... It was so good that I didn't want to go up for a second run so as to not ruin the perfect memory of an awesome trail!

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Holy shiznet, it's Ark, and it's not a Bike to Work Day 2015 yet. No biking today but I'll try to make it to the indoor RC car track tonight. I've been RC crazy for the past 4 months with Short Course 4x4 and flying my quadcopters.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Playing w/kids...9yo wants to go to the school next door to ride his bike; just-turned-5yo says "I don't really want to but lets bring my bike just in case."

The kid who could barely get 20 feet this fall can now magically ride like a champ. freakin' awesome.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Playing w/kids...9yo wants to go to the school next door to ride his bike; just-turned-5yo says "I don't really want to but lets bring my bike just in case."

The kid who could barely get 20 feet this fall can now magically ride like a champ. freakin' awesome.
Awesome, I know the feeling:

boys on their bikes.jpg