Quantcast

Midwest Custom Builder

nalax

Chimp
Oct 2, 2006
I had heard of a new framebuilder in Minnesota but I can't recall his name. Does anyone know? TIA

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
He's not in Minnesota, but you should look into Scott Quiring in Michigan.

You might be thinking of the Badger Dorothy frames that are being sold exclusively by Ben Witt out of his Milltown Cycles shop.

Or maybe this guy is in MN - www.clockworkbikes.com - yep he's in MN. And his prices are awesome for a custom built bike!

benwitt11

Chimp
May 9, 2006
There is a custom builder that we work with at the shop a lot, his name is Mike Pofahl. He's doing two 29ers, a 700c single, and an uber special project that Guitar Ted is going to kill for. No add in the phone book, no website, no anything. He's one of the best builders you'll never hear of. I'd post some pics but this 100 kb limit is really crappy. Kind of hard to get much of a picture at that. I'll email some of them if anyone's interested.

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
That "special project" is really going to haul "a$$" and a bunch of other stuff! Wait'll you guys get a "load" of this one! :happydance:

Ben, I've got an idea that I'm going to sketch out and send off to you. It's an idea for a "super compliant" frame that I've been toying with for over a year now. We'll see what you think of it and go from there.

benwitt11

Chimp
May 9, 2006
That "special project" is really going to haul "a$$" and a bunch of other stuff! Wait'll you guys get a "load" of this one! :happydance:.
Oh Mark, that idea was so last month. This is a completly new project. The new on is really fun! T- three weeks to riding. Just waiting on frame and fork!