Quantcast

Midwest Monkey visiting Asheville/Pisgah area, has questions

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey Asheville/Boone/Pisgah locals,
Two things:
One, I'm headed down to Asheville/Pisgah next week for some camping, paddling, and hopefully, riding. I would love to find a few locals who would be willing to show me around for a day of good local riding. I'm from Michigan, so I'm a little worried about keeping up on climbs, but I'd love the oppurtunity to ride with some cool peeps and see some of the good stuff, maybe even do some shuttle runs. Anything, really. I'll be riding a Planet X Compo with a Psylo, Hayes disks, and an ss drivetrain. Which brings me to my next point: I only have a singlespeed, and no more working geared drivetrain parts anywhere, soooo I'm thinking about running 32:18 instead of my usual 32:16 to help me out a little on the hills. Any thoughts on this? What do the local ss riders run?

Anyone, locals or otherwise, with any good info (including good campsites or places to paddle that aren't above Class I maybe II whitewater, even good cheap eats) PLEASE respond. Thank you in advance, I really appreciate any advice.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
There is a group of us who will be riding on Saturday(8/28) in the Grandfather Mountain district of Pisgah.......near Jonas Ridge, NC

PM me if you want more info