Quantcast

Might wanna move the landing out a little.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Can't look at the video at work but was this the dude who was pulling the crazy superman off the ramp and overshot the landing?

One look at that jump would have told me that the lip was too close to the landing...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
oh jesus... I'm going to hell for sure, but that was some funny azz shiznit. I kind a feel bad for the guy - had to hurt - but I'm still laughing.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
that's what happens when groms watch too much Dropin, play Downhill Domination and circle-jerk on pinkbike.com. No time left over to actually ride.

dumbass.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MMike said:
Was the Superman on purpose? I find it ballsy that he would be pulling trick on his first attempt at the jump. (One must assume that this was a first attempt......
He jumped it before, the superman just made him so much more aero he overshot the jump.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
if you look on NSMB there is a thread on it. The guy apparently rides there and is a local. People said his face got really smashed up. Hope he gets better. There are also some pics from different angles.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Jimmy_Pop said:
that's what happens when groms watch too much Dropin, play Downhill Domination and circle-jerk on pinkbike.com. No time left over to actually ride.

dumbass.
Dude, do some research before you bash a rider. That's a group of the local guys in Kamloops. Incredible riders and tons of talent. The video is from someone at NSMB, posted a few weeks ago. It is a different style of jump than most are used to(much more pop needed than distance). This guy had landed it before and decided to superman it. He came in with too much speed and as you can see, overshot bad. Don't be an ass, the rider made a mistake and ended up needing facial surgery, but he certainly wasn't someone who "circle-jeked on pinkbike".

Feel free to keep judging actual riders on one video clip on the internet, it does wonders for your self-esteem I'm sure.

The Ito

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
jacksonpt said:
oh jesus... I'm going to hell for sure, but that was some funny azz shiznit. I kind a feel bad for the guy - had to hurt - but I'm still laughing.
I''' see you there. I laughed too.

On second view I couldn hear the bike hit and then what I assume is his head a split second later that makes this really bad "mellon dropped off a bridge" sound.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
stoney98 said:
...Apparently, dude wanted speed for the second, larger hit, and sucked at life.
And as we all know the best way to maintain speed through a rhythm section by overshooting the crap out the first jump to flat. :rolleyes:

I'd rather case that POS jump and fall softly down in the abyss than overshoot it and fly into oblivion. They should have made it a step-up gap as opposed to a step-down. It would have been easier to judge your speed that way and the landing would be softer.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It's funny to see all the e-tough talk here about how it should have been done, etc when nobody here (me included) would even have the balls to roll up that takeoff.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
it is funny. anyone who's ever stepped up knows your going to go down sometime. no matter how good you are.

"you gotta break a few eggs to make an omlete.."

however,.......

I'd jump it.

and case like a bitch.

it's what I do.....:D

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
stoney98 said:
at a certain point, you also gain the knowledge to never f up that bad.
-stone (I've flung myself off more stupid gaps then I care to think about)
I disagree. the best riders eat lots of sh1t.

pnj(I suck)

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
ok, well maybe they don't eat it alot but they do eat it. and yes, death is near....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Echo said:
It's funny to see all the e-tough talk here about how it should have been done, etc when nobody here (me included) would even have the balls to roll up that takeoff.
Only person i saw doing that was you with your thread title. ;)

My suggestion, have lots of money saved to endure time off from surgery.

J

JRB

Echo said:
Last I heard you didn't even have a bike.
bwahhhhhhh - first mack lamblasted his ass with math, and now he got called on not riding. I am sure Yeti will sign him right back up once they know he has gone bigger.