Quantcast

Mike Steidley Trials Segment

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Steidley rules. I like how he sticks with trials, and hasn't gone "urban assult" like a lot of ex-trials riders have.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
Steidley rules. I like how he sticks with trials, and hasn't gone "urban assult" like a lot of ex-trials riders have.
i cant blame anyone who has been in the sport for 5+ years for wanting to try other kinds of riding. trials gets old after a while. it's hard to keep your motivation up when all you have to look forward to is another inch higher/farther. trying to ride creatively is hard to do at that point so trying to integrate street into your riding at that point is a fairly welcome thing.

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
what rig is he riding? i know it's a Trek, but Trek don't make a trials frame and it looks too small to be the "Jack"...
Well, I can't identify that white frame you're talking about, but I do know Trek isn't afraid to logo other manufacturer's bikes if they don't make one. Take a look at the time trial bike Armstrong rode for the first year or two he won the tour. It's just a Lightspeed blade with trek logos. It's likely the white frame could be an echo with the decals changed.

welshy

Chimp
Jul 28, 2006
richmond,va
a red echo pure with trek stickers?

damn that annoys me when people do that - for whatever reasons! at least now i know that there's not some secret Trek Trials Bike out there...cheers!
Because Trek doesnt have a frame for him, although they remain his sponser......

eastside

Chimp
Oct 18, 2006
Mentor, OH
Nice vid. I haven't seen him ride in years. I agree, it is good to see some people sticking with trials and not going urban on us.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
The Big Deal is a great flick, I picked up a copy this summer and really enjoyed it. I used to ride mostly trials myself, as most riders did awhile back. I do mostly street/DJ now but still throw in a trials ride when I can to keep it balanced. With free ride being so trick oriented now a days it's hard for raw, hop to hop trials riding to stay at the front. My good friend Aaron Chase rode trials back in the day and was actually his main riding style until C dale picked him up back in 97/98.