Quantcast

Miles Rockwell BUSTED for growing weed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
The same could be said of anyone who holds an opposing viewpoint, though. I hear this said of N8 daily, in fact!
Good point. I just find it amusing how every pot smoker comes out of the woodwork to either defend their hobby or brag about how great their last doob was, every time the subject is brought up :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by Lexx D
Yeah that's me narrow minded and impossible to talk to.:confused: All these "facts" i don't know what to do.:think:
It's obviously not worth my time to have a "discussion". i never insulted anyones intellignce like you have. Since you have chose to ignore the other side simply because they're "pot heads". I award you Echo with the narrow minded prick of the day award.
You might quote some references for these "facts" that you've stated. I'm actually interested...........

-S.S.-

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I award you Echo with the narrow minded prick of the day award.
Wow. I'm so humbled to recieve this prestigious award... I'd like to thank... :D

You are making my point for me...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by Damn True
I will be forever amused at how vehemently people will defend their "right" to smoke dope.

Ya'all sure like dope don't ya? Seems like it might be a bit of a problem in the long term.
It is less the need or overpowering love of cannabis than the inability to reconcile the inconsistencies in our nation's drug policies. It's a mostly harmless plant that has been used for centuries safely before our government decided it was the devil's harvest. It's not the "right" to smoke dope- it's the right to do what we want with our own bodies. Tell some people that they can't plant an apple tree in their own back yard because of HOA covenents or EPA regs and you'll get a similar response.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Nobody has ever died directly from cannabis use. Alcohol can cause death by alcohol poisoning, asphyxiation, cardiomyopathy, and cardiac infarct (heart attack).
Nobody has ever died? :rolleyes: You must be stoned right now. Are you saying that NOBODY has ever been in a car accident while impaired by weed? I got three deaths in my HS graduating class ('88) alone that says your wrong.

My sisters boss was killed when he was hit on Hwy-9 in Santa Cruz by a guy who was stoned. My god, that is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. :rolleyes:

How do you use weed?
YOU SMOKE IT!
Pot smokers experience the EXACT SAME physiological damages as tobacco smokers do. Especially if they are smoking joints rather than using a bong. You are inhaling the gasses of a burning substance. It damages the tissue of the mouth, trachea, and lungs.

Quit getting your info from other pot smokers.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
And i find it amusing how the morality police come out of the woodwork everytime the topic comes up. It's a two way street echo. You won't listen to me since I'm a "pot head" and obviously don't have a brain.
And i won't listen to you since instead of facts all you do is attack my intelligence. And talk about how "they will say anything and everything to convince themselves it's okay". Whatever.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Nobody has ever died? :rolleyes: You must be stoned right now. Are you saying that NOBODY has ever been in a car accident while impaired by weed? I got three deaths in my HS graduating class ('88) alone that says your wrong.

My sisters boss was killed when he was hit on Hwy-9 in Santa Cruz by a guy who was stoned. My god, that is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. :rolleyes:

How do you use weed?
YOU SMOKE IT!
Pot smokers experience the EXACT SAME physiological damages as tobacco smokers do. Especially if they are smoking joints rather than using a bong. You are inhaling the gasses of a burning substance. It damages the tissue of the mouth, trachea, and lungs.

look at the causes of death in the statement it had nothing to do with driving. I'm very sorry for those people and the families. But people have been killed from drivers under the influence of many things including lack of sleep.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yeah that's me narrow minded and impossible to talk to.:confused:
Oh and since you brought it up... go back and read my posts.

All I did was make an observation about how frequent users of marijuana tend to become defensive when people don't agree with their opinion that marijuana use is okay. The fact that you flipped out and got super defensive is actually hilarious :D

Although it's been quite a while, I'm not against the occasional toke. And if you were paying attention, I stated earlier in this very thread that I thought legalization was a good idea.

But if I were to choose to take that occasional toke, and got busted, it wouldn't be "the man's" fault, and it wouldn't be the stupid law's fault. It would be my fault, because I knew the consequences and accepted them.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
look at the causes of death in the statement it had nothing to do with driving. I'm very sorry for those people and the families. But people have been killed from drivers under the influence of many things including lack of sleep.
Yeah I hear that no one has died from jumping off a building either...

Just something about not being able to land properly....

umm dude, I don't smoke, but I was agreeing with a bit of what you said until this point... :rolleyes:

I see both sides of this argument..... but come on......

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
look at the causes of death in the statement
Cause of death?
Are you FU$%ING SERIOUS?

The guy was riding his bike along the road and hit by the STONED driver of a car. The cause of death was "HE WAS HIT BY THE STONED DRIVER OF A CAR".

The kids I went to HS with were killed because the driver of the car they were in WAS STONED!

Had the drivers not been stoned the deaths would not have occured. Therefore, cause of death = weed.

BTW, emphasema(sp?) is caused by repeated injury to lung tissue by heat, and or chemical contact. Smoking weed causes emphasema. Emphasema will kill you. Cause of death = weed.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by Kornphlake
good point, I don't mean to play the religous whiner but your logic has holes, because:

It's more addictive than beer
Fairly rescently I made a very large purchase for 1 of my 2 main interests/hobbies knowing that I would have to tighten up my spending. This meant no grass for a while. Okay so all of a sudden I stopped smoking grass, went from about 1/4 a week to none. Did I have withdrawl? NO. Was I in a bad mood, NO. Did I suddenly become less or more productive, NO. Did I crave it, NO. As a matter of fact I just realized a few days ago that I hadnt had a sack in a while. I can afford it again so I made a purchase of my favorite herb and still nothing has changed except now I am stoned every once in a while.

So I ask you, how is it addictive? How is it harmful?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Originally posted by Echo
<snip>
But if I were to choose to take that occasional toke, and got busted, it wouldn't be "the man's" fault, and it wouldn't be the stupid law's fault. It would be my fault, because I knew the consequences and accepted them.
Ding! ding! ding! We have a winner! And Miles knew the consequences of what he was doing, and he was a dumba$$ because of it. Hope he brightens up a bit in the Big House.

-S.S.-

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Although it's been quite a while, I'm not against the occasional toke. And if you were paying attention, I stated earlier in this very thread that I thought legalization was a good idea.
Aww look everyone ECHO is a pot head.. ;)

Just kiddin man...

I just find all this so amazing.. how lot of people on here are getting all up in arms about their side.....

Just chill those that smoke.. go toke up.. those that don't um... go do something and come back and we all can hug a tree when we come back... :think: ... and all be friends... :rolleyes:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I will be forever amused at how vehemently people will defend their "right" to smoke dope.

Ya'all sure like dope don't ya? Seems like it might be a bit of a problem in the long term.
And what about the guys during Prohabition that defended their right to drink a beer. Is that any less "silly".

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
Fairly rescently I made a very large purchase for 1 of my 2 main interests/hobbies knowing that I would have to tighten up my spending. This meant no grass for a while. Okay so all of a sudden I stopped smoking grass, went from about 1/4 a week to none. Did I have withdrawl? NO. Was I in a bad mood, NO. Did I suddenly become less or more productive, NO. Did I crave it, NO. As a matter of fact I just realized a few days ago that I hadnt had a sack in a while. I can afford it again so I made a purchase of my favorite herb and still nothing has changed except now I am stoned every once in a while.

Addictive is the wrong word. Weed is not addictive. However it is among the top of the list of substances for which psychological dependancy is exceptionally high. Many folks, have a predisposition toward psychological dependance of some sort.
The object of dependance varries, for some it might be weed, sex, relationships, or lack of. The bottom line is dependancy on anything is psycologicaly harmful. Especially if that thing (weed in this case) is physicaly harmful as well.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Originally posted by golgiaparatus

becuz you're a bad person and a stoner for liking drugs and therefore a second rate citizen in society :rolleyes: gimme a fcuking break

and all this talk of smoking, that's sounding pretty good right about now, a couple tokes and a 6'er of Sam Adams and sit here and watch the rain come down in sheets :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Originally posted by -BB-
And what about the guys during Prohabition that defended their right to drink a beer. Is that any less "silly".
No. But they legally got their "right" back. So far, the marij lobby has not gotten it. They're doing a pretty reasonable job, it just isn't there yet.

-S.S.-

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
True,
died directly from cannabis use. Alcohol can cause death by alcohol poisoning, asphyxiation, cardiomyopathy, and cardiac infarct (heart attack).

I'm not saying anything thing about driving or walking for that matter. I was trying to reference direct health issues, Such as a person drinks to much and dies of alcohol poisoning.
i feel we're arguing to seperate issues here.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Cooter Brown
becuz you're a bad person and a stoner for liking drugs and therefore a second rate citizen in society :rolleyes: gimme a fcuking break

and all this talk of smoking, that's sounding pretty good right about now, a couple tokes and a 6'er of Sam Adams and sit here and watch the rain come down in sheets :D
Your parents would be proud.;)

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Addictive is the wrong word. Weed is not addictive. However it is among the top of the list of substances for which psychological dependancy is exceptionally high. Many folks, have a predisposition toward psychological dependance of some sort.
The object of dependance varries, for some it might be weed, sex, relationships, or lack of. The bottom line is dependancy on anything is psycologicaly harmful. Especially if that thing (weed in this case) is physicaly harmful as well.
I guess when I think of addictive I think of the body having withdrawl and craving the substance and causing behavioral changes in the person. Ex: Smokers become pretty hostile when they are trying to quit. Alcoholics actually get sick because their bodies 'need' the alcohol. Heroin, cocaine, etc etc, they all have withdrawl symptoms. That to me is addiction..

If some one is addicted to a non physically addictive substance or activity then I say that it its their minds that have the problem.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002

Word... I had the window of my car cracked and I heard it coming down outside... I had to run out through that $hit all the way to my car (bout 25 yards) I got completely soaked. Even my socks are wet.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
True,
died directly from cannabis use. Alcohol can cause death by alcohol poisoning, asphyxiation, cardiomyopathy, and cardiac infarct (heart attack).

I'm not saying anything thing about driving or walking for that matter. I was trying to reference direct health issues, Such as a person drinks to much and dies of alcohol poisoning.
i feel we're arguing to seperate issues here.
Did you miss, or just chose to ignore (or were you stoned and didn't comprehend) the part about emphasema?

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Dude you should know by now that it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion about this with a pot smoker... they will say anything and everything to convince themselves it's okay, and they will ignore or become angry/defensive about any facts you state that they don't like... you know the drill :)
And yes echo I had noticed your first post. it doesn't change the second. Basically calling me ignorant, that is what got me going not the argument at hand. In fact it seemed to be a rather civil debate.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Did you miss, or just chose to ignore (or were you stoned and didn't comprehend) the part about emphasema?
No, i'm at work and don't mix work and play. Anyone ever OD on weed? I'm not saying it's good for you....just not as bad as people make it out to be.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Your parents would be proud.;)

well, since I don't have my nose inserted so far up my dad's ass trying to gain his approval for everything I do, and can actually think for myself and make my own choices and decisions, I'm really not too worried about it :rolleyes:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
well, since I don't have my nose inserted so far up my dad's ass trying to gain his approval for everything I do, and can actually think for myself and make my own choices and decisions, I'm really not too worried about it :rolleyes:
I think someone just got OWNED

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
What a triumph of personal empowerment.

Enjoy dope.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Wow this thread has gotten wild.:eek: People have made me realize i'm a wasted soul and have lived my life wrong on so many levels. I'm gonna change my ways........as soon as I finish this sack of blueberry.:evil:

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Originally posted by dh girlie
SOMEONES gotta sell it...it didn't say he was selling it to children...jeez :rolleyes:
umm ok now where in the hell did you see me say CHILDREN? Gotta get some glasses there girl.

I'm saying two wrongs don't make a right. Fine if you have a habbit and need to grow your own to support it fine (support as in not selling duh). But don't support other peoples illegal choices too. My point being he did then two illegal things not just one for himself.

Oh and when you do sell it.. what you think that the only people that get that are who he sold it directly to? It is possible that it could end up in hands of people he doesn't freakin know or whatever. (and that wasn't even my point)

right back at yah babe :rolleyes:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

How do you use weed?
YOU SMOKE IT!

You can also eat it or vaporize it.

Also, last time I checked, we didn't throw tobacco growers into prison for 20 years to get sodomized for growing a plant...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
We also don't outlaw fvcking, having relationships, or not having relationships.

We also don't have laws against: fatty food, sports cars, Drano, rat poison, swimming pools, automobiles, etc.

All potentially deadly things.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by Silver
You can also eat it or vaporize it.

Also, last time I checked, we didn't throw tobacco growers into prison for 20 years to get sodomized for growing a plant...
Not a bad idea though.

Lexx said it wasn't harmfull :rolleyes: I was merely rebutting that statement. Id guess that the overwhelming majority of folks smoke it and by doing so expose themselves to significant risk of emphasema and a number of other nasty afflictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.