Quantcast

Miles Rockwell BUSTED for growing weed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Echo
Wow, 4 more pages while I was riding, and not a single point was made... I wonder how much longer this will go on :D
Were you going to add anything, or are you just trolling? I can make points until I'm blue in the face, and you'll just fire back with "Stupid Pothead!"

I did post a link a ways up...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Dude you should know by now that it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion about this with a pot smoker... they will say anything and everything to convince themselves it's okay, and they will ignore or become angry/defensive about any facts you state that they don't like... you know the drill :)
you are correct sir.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by mack
POTS LEGAL IN CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? when did this happen, any one know the quikest way north?
no, it is not. Nice try though.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by Silver
Were you going to add anything, or are you just trolling? I can make points until I'm blue in the face, and you'll just fire back with "Stupid Pothead!"

I did post a link a ways up...
You should try reading what I have said in this thread, because you obviously haven't done so yet.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
You should try reading what I have said in this thread, because you obviously haven't done so yet.
Mostly ad hominems with no content.

Par for the course when pot or cops come up with you, I've noticed.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by Silver
Mostly ad hominems with no content.

Par for the course when pot or cops come up with you, I've noticed.
Why don't you be a sport, and give an example...

and while you're at it, find another thread where I have discussed the subject of marijuana anywhere on this board. Or maybe you are just shooting off your mouth thinking I will just accept what you say.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Why don't you be a sport, and give an example...

and while you're at it, find another thread where I have discussed the subject of marijuana anywhere on this board. Or maybe you are just shooting off your mouth thinking I will just accept what you say.
"It's just another of the various bizarre statements pot smokers spew regularly."

"Dude you should know by now that it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion about this with a pot smoker..."

"I just find it amusing how every pot smoker comes out of the woodwork to either defend their hobby or brag about how great their last doob was, every time the subject is brought up"

"Wow, 4 more pages while I was riding, and not a single point was made"

I'd love to search, but I need to be in San Diego 2 hours ago...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
"It's just another of the various bizarre statements pot smokers spew regularly."

In response to a bizarre and completely baseless statement, made as if it were a fact, that noone has ever died from marijuana use. Which I backed up by saying "that's like saying noone has ever died from cigarette smoking". Try again.

"Dude you should know by now that it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion about this with a pot smoker..."

I suppose we will just have to disagree about that one... I've heard the same arguements a million times from a million smokers, and ya know what? Spouting rhetoric does not denote intelligence.

"I just find it amusing how every pot smoker comes out of the woodwork to either defend their hobby or brag about how great their last doob was, every time the subject is brought up"

Now look at the thread and maybe you will see where that statement came from...

I guess I should have said not a single NEW point was made. And 3 years from now, on another message board somewhere, this same discussion will take place, and nobody will learn anything, and nobody will make any new points there either.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Wow, 4 more pages while I was riding, and not a single point was made... I wonder how much longer this will go on :D

oh man do i totally agree. this debate is one of the most pointless and boring in the history of all debates.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I guess I should have said not a single NEW point was made. And 3 years from now, on another message board somewhere, this same discussion will take place, and nobody will learn anything, and nobody will make any new points there either.

and once again, total agreeance:p . ;)

edo-chan

Chimp
Aug 9, 2002
sunny Gresham
This thread has been pretty funny to read. The weed prohibitionist element on this thread needs to get a clue.

Given even two evils, say weed and alcohol, I'd say your efforts are better spent ranting against alcohol. You might have all kinds of legit reasons for attacking weed use, but in reality you have more and more serious reasons to attack use of alcohol.

Go out some night and witness first hand the sheer volume of visibly drunk people getting into automobiles after leaving legal bars where legal alcohol is served. Go to every AA meeting within an hour of your home and listen to stories of loss and embarrassment. Go to a rehab facility and watch even a "properly medicated" alcohol addict convulse and hallucinate about being overwhelmed by spiders while going through withdrawals. Better yet, watch someone in unmedicated convulsions fully conscious screaming for help.

Then go watch some stoners.

I know you guys are totally convinced of your position, but you being convinced doesn't make you right. Used in moderation, weed and alcohol are roughly equivalent in "harm." In excess, alcohol is far and away the worse of the two. I will also say that I personally feel excess use of weed tends to be phasic in people while excess alcohol use can be a lifelong situation.

That said, while it's pretty dumb for Miles (I thought it was Myles) to get busted, I think the level of "harm" he may have contributed to society is unjustly overcompensated for by him doing even one second in jail, especially in light of the "harm" done to society by manufacturers of alcohol.

52 plants is nothing. I once knew of a situation where a guy grew 80 plants in a 4'x4' garden, gathering an average of 4 lbs. a month. It's called Sea of Green. You're the experts, check it out. 0% was sold, it was all smoked by him and his girl or given away to friends, strippers, cabbies, bartenders, co-workers, bands, doormen, etc., etc., etc. None of those people to my knowledge ended up homeless, divorced or dead as a result of weed.

During that same period I knew 3 heroin ODs, a coke OD, a crack OD, and two heroin-related murders, along with numerous meth or alcohol related "losses of everything." In fact one of my kitties is with me now because some friends saw another friend's entire house being emptied into a semi-sized dumpster; they saved her Honda Dream, her big black chair, and the kitty.

People are capable of smoking weed in moderate amounts the same way most people have a beer. No harm to others, no foul. In extreme cases, potheads get lazy and unproductive. I know of tons more people who are lazy and unproductive by nature than people who are from smoking weed.

But whatever, you know what you know. :)

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego

Until it becomes legal, which unfortunately probably won't happen in our lifetimes, it's silly to complain about being busted. Everyone gets busted eventually.
I dunno, alcohol was banned and unbanned within a couple decades, it could happen.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

In response to a bizarre and completely baseless statement, made as if it were a fact, that noone has ever died from marijuana use. Which I backed up by saying "that's like saying noone has ever died from cigarette smoking". Try again.

I suppose we will just have to disagree about that one... I've heard the same arguements a million times from a million smokers, and ya know what? Spouting rhetoric does not denote intelligence.

Now look at the thread and maybe you will see where that statement came from...

I learned quite a lot actually.....jdcamb

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Hugz-not-Drugz

I say we legalize all drugs, but then provide ZERO government subsidized rehab programs. Let the morons of the world whatever frikkin' drugs they please, but let them be accountable for their life decisions.

OR make it all illegal, including tobacco and alcohol.....

I'm not a big fan of the middle ground where one drug is legal and the other isn't.

All that being said this dude knew the laws he was living under and he broke them. I hope he spends a good 25 years or so in prison rethinking his life decisions.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by dh girlie
Blueberry! I'm guessing thats a strain of the mean green...the chronic...the cripple?

Y'all are some SERIOUS stoners...you have NAMES for it! hahaha!
For those not in the know, real Blueberry is a most delicious treat:

Blueberry (Euro 70,00)
Blueberry is back and better than ever. This award-winning wonder from the Pacific Northwest has provided customers with excellent smoke and breeding stock. Known for her aroma and blueberry taste, she has become a legend amongst cannabis connoisseurs on both sides of the Atlantic. After extensive breeding trials in Holland, the stability and growth patterns have become more consistent and predictable for growers. Ganja growing gurus have raved over the cannabis characteristics she delivers.

Put flavor and punch back into your stash with a fresh bouquet of Blueberry Bud.

Type: Indica-sativa, indoor and outdoor
Vegetate until: 4 - 6 internodes
Flowering time: 60 days
Average height: 0.7 - 1 meter
Yield: 250 - 300 grams / m² (dried, indoor)
Taste: berry
High: positive, daytime high
:evil:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by edo-chan
This thread has been pretty funny to read. The weed prohibitionist element on this thread needs to get a clue.
This is an interesting view. And really quite opposite from the impression I was getting from the posts (in general). Could we see a show of hands of the folks that think weed prohibition is a *good* thing?

I for one don't, but still think that he made a decision that was extremely foolish and should be held accountable.

-S.S.-

Aug 30, 2002
Snow hoes
If you personally have a problem with the herb we know as marijuana, then leave it alone! Its a choice to use/grow/sell the green. You can type up reasons all day on why it should be illegal, and yes it can cause cancer, and your experiences with mindless stoners...so the f*ck what? Take responsibility for your own actions. If you want to toke, do so, and have fun doing it. If your of the opinion that its awful for you, thats fine too, but scrutinize your own life, and all the things you do daily that could cause cancer, or could be bad for your health. I agree saying "theres worse things out there" is lame, but its true if you really think about it. In the whole scheme of things, having a bunch of folks up in the mountains puffing on herb isnt that bad, weve got soldiers running around in Iraq, a president on a religious rampage, theres rapists and child molesters down the street, fuel is 2 bucks a gallon and your telling me I cant smoke pot because its illegal? This world has a lot of problems, and I defiantly dont consider herb one of them. Marijuana is a miracle plant, and theres nothing that anyone could ever say that would even make me think about changing my mind.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Originally posted by VegiBikerDude
<snip>In the whole scheme of things, having a bunch of folks up in the mountains puffing on herb isn~{!/~}t that bad, we~{!/~}ve got soldiers running around in Iraq, a president on a religious rampage, there~{!/~}s rapists and child molesters down the street, fuel is 2 bucks a gallon and your telling me I cant smoke pot because its illegal?
No. No one is telling you that you can't smoke pot. But you should be PREPARED for the consequences of your actions should you get caught. Hell, I don't even think that you should get in trouble for doing it...... but you should at least accept the fact that there could be some significant negative consequences of your actions (for you personally).

-S.S.-

Aug 30, 2002
Snow hoes
I understand what your saying, and I agree completely. If you choose to smoke herb, given today's drug laws, then you must come to realize that it is illegal, and you will face the consequences if you get caught. If everyone would just take care of themselves and not worry about the actions of others, being them legal or illegal, i dont think we would have so much of a problem

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by SkaredShtles
And yet, you continue to post........ I would figure if you really found it pointless and boring you'd not even look at it. <shrug>

-S.S.-

well, you figured wrong. as boring as the argument is itself, people who continue to argue until blue in the face are amusing as hell.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
For those not in the know, real Blueberry is a most delicious treat:

Blueberry (Euro 70,00)
Blueberry is back and better than ever. This award-winning wonder from the Pacific Northwest has provided customers with excellent smoke and breeding stock. Known for her aroma and blueberry taste, she has become a legend amongst cannabis connoisseurs on both sides of the Atlantic. After extensive breeding trials in Holland, the stability and growth patterns have become more consistent and predictable for growers. Ganja growing gurus have raved over the cannabis characteristics she delivers.

Put flavor and punch back into your stash with a fresh bouquet of Blueberry Bud.

Type: Indica-sativa, indoor and outdoor
Vegetate until: 4 - 6 internodes
Flowering time: 60 days
Average height: 0.7 - 1 meter
Yield: 250 - 300 grams / m² (dried, indoor)
Taste: berry
High: positive, daytime high
:evil:
Just a heads up. Try the Belgian weed.;) As good as their beer.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
By George, I think he's got it! :D

-S.S.-
That's why I don't grow:(
i don't agree with the policy which is why I say it's still bullshyt. He did break the law and will now pay his debt to "the man":angry:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Originally posted by Lexx D
That's why I don't grow:(
i don't agree with the policy which is why I say it's still bullshyt. He did break the law and will now pay his debt to "the man":angry:
He's got it! Actually, I think he had it all along........ :D

The big problem with getting it legalized is that pot smokers don't have much credibility in mainstream America....... Joe America thinks "pot head=Spicoli" and will readily dismiss even a compelling argument for legalization.

-S.S.-

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
He's got it! Actually, I think he had it all along........ :D

The big problem with getting it legalized is that pot smokers don't have much credibility in mainstream America....... Joe America thinks "pot head=Spicoli" and will readily dismiss even a compelling argument for legalization.

-S.S.-
That's why I said it was hard to find an unbiased report on the subject, but people attacked me for that one. I don't expect it to be legal any time soon.
Also why I was angered when echo said it was impossible to talk to a pothead. Proving that spicoli(yeah he was the man:D) attitude. Oh well Myles is gonna do some time unless he's got a good lawer......does Johnny Cocharan defend white athletes?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by Damn True
....and you didn't seem to learn from any of it so it
Dude I dont think youve taught anyone anything. DT doesnt think people should smoke pot, DT doesnt care that pot is illegal because of this. DT feels that DT is right and that everybody else is wrong on this issue.

Thats all Im getting from you.

Breathing in smoke is harmful to your lungs, yeah, everyone knows that, but its not the issue at all. The issue with grass is simply this: It is illegal while other far more deadly things that have zero benefit are legal. This makes the law seem contradictory. A lot of people like to smoke weed and find it enjoyable and sometimes beneficial. They see the legal actions against smokers and growers and think they are staggeringly unjustified, which they are... a rapist and some guy that grew a few plants should not even be in the same 'boat'. Do you disagree with this? It seems that you do not.

I mean C'mon, your a surfer dude, I know you have been around it. I would think that you have known perfectly good people that get high and dont harm anyone, do you think they should be punished for doing a harmless activity that they choose to do here in the 'land of the free'?

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Relativism makes things so much easier.
:rolleyes:

Golgi: That's beautiful. I'm a surfer, ergo I must know people that smoke dope. LOL That's like saying that I live in the Bay Area, therfore I must know a ton of homosexuals.

BTW, I have never known a regular weed smoker that has not experienced negative effects of doing so. Of course you couldn't convince them that smoking dope had been part of the problem anymore than I could convince my grandfather that alcohol was part of his problems before he quit drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.