Quantcast

)))Miles to go before Beer 30 Fridag GMT(((

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi errbdy

much to nobody's surprise, i backed out of the deal on the 550i I was looking at. Owner was expectedly pissed, but the thought of riding my bike back to the house after taking the car to the garage for the 8th time weighed pretty heavily on me. Oh well!

kid's birthday this weekend. maybe I will drink a beer. Maybe i'll even ride a bike.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

No hurricane here, but I will be wandering back into the shit storm that is the local Governor's race by doing some more door knocking. Need to swing by the LBS as they called yesterday to tell me an actual 10 speed derallieur had been delivered by brown Santa.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday, yay. Have training until lunch, then hide until 2:30. Still not sure if I am being trained or if I am supposed to do the training, guess we'll find out.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Uneasy dreams and traffic on my drive in. I elected to ride early on Saturday rather than today so as to not be a zombie at 3 PM. @stoney you available early tomorrow morning?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
hi errbdy

much to nobody's surprise, i backed out of the deal on the 550i I was looking at. Owner was expectedly pissed, but the thought of riding my bike back to the house after taking the car to the garage for the 8th time weighed pretty heavily on me. Oh well!

kid's birthday this weekend. maybe I will drink a beer. Maybe i'll even ride a bike.
You should buy a camry

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hello all. Uneasy dreams and traffic on my drive in. I elected to ride early on Saturday rather than today so as to not be a zombie at 3 PM. @stoney you available early tomorrow morning?
Negative. Too much going on this weekend. I'll likely be getting the roadie setup on the trainer for a little bit though.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Eh Friday. Taking only one kid to work is nice. Went for a bike ride yesterday and found a bunch of new trails that are down the hill. Only could ride down once, I’m excited to see where the others go.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
hey @stoney how'd your meeting go?
Really well. I got the "I can't say that the position is there for you, but I can say the budget is there in 2019 and [the Products AVP] speaks very highly of you as a candidate and potential addition to the team. I have only heard good things about you and there is a reason why he asked you to talk with me."

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mr. Plumber still hasn't arrived and I need to leave for work in 10. The state of contractor business is very sad in this country, apparently.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I find myself distracted by shopping for forks and checking if boost adapters exist for my $20 front hub.

And checking the weather over and over to see if there suddenly isn't going to be an inch of rain at Whistler tomorrow.

Still gon'rain.

Blahst.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Anyone have experience with Gore Bike Wear? Are their size charts accurate? most brands i'm a Large, a few XL (that run small) but for Gore I'd take an XXL....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Mm... unclear what you mean. Don’t we just need to fill the space between hub and the wider fork?

15mm
ah ok. for 20mm axles going from non-boost to boost all you need is a 5mm rotor shim (or shim the caliper 5mm closer to the rotor). doesn't work like that for 15mm IIRC