Quantcast

Military (past & present) Monkey's

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
So no Infantry around here eh? BS sounds like you got to do all the fun ****, minus the suck factor.
Exactly. I mean, there's always some "suck factor" but by and large I couldnt have dreamed it any better. Although Im glad as hell to be out.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
hey BS, did you have to "field day" much? that's one of the main reasons i got out. i was tired of 4am floor waxing sessions just to fail the inspection at 6am and have to start all over again :mumble:

and i'm not talking about parris island either, this was in the fleet.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
hey BS, did you have to "field day" much? that's one of the main reasons i got out. i was tired of 4am floor waxing sessions just to fail the inspection at 6am and have to start all over again :mumble:

eh, not really alot. not like I saw the grunts doing anyway. Alot of the time I would just leave and no one would know or care because I wasnt in a squad or anything. I spent alot of time attached to base HQ too, so even when i did, it was pretty lax.
Now, in boot and MOS school yeah, of course, but everyone did that.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

You should have been in the Air Force... they have contractors to do the grunt work of the E1 - E3's... and they refer to officers as 'dude' and 'man'....

:p

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
:banghead:
You can guess not.

To frag someone, it must be possible to sneak up on them. Good luck with that.
Sure thing Rambo.

I'm sure you have no need for a fly swatter either because chopsticks are just as effective for a killing machine of your caliber.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE NOT STILL IN THE ARMED FORCES, THE WORLD NEEDS MEN LIKE YOU!!! HOW COULD THEY LET YOU GO???

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
You should have been in the Air Force... they have contractors to do the grunt work of the E1 - E3's... and they refer to officers as 'dude' and 'man'....

:p
Yeah, gotta love contractors...but jealousy will only get you so far...
In the Navy they call their officers "Sweetiepants" and "Honey Buns"
:banana: :banana:

Jeronimo

Monkey
Jul 11, 2006
behind that boulder
I've decided you spent your military service fighting the coffee and vending machine. Neither of which you probably ever figured out.
Every time I had the displeasure of working with the RA, I was thoroughly unimpressed with 11B zeros. Dirt darts are kinda funny that way.

Jeronimo

Monkey
Jul 11, 2006
behind that boulder
:banghead:

Sure thing Rambo.

I'm sure you have no need for a fly swatter either because chopsticks are just as effective for a killing machine of your caliber.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE NOT STILL IN THE ARMED FORCES, THE WORLD NEEDS MEN LIKE YOU!!! HOW COULD THEY LET YOU GO???
You're funny. Stay that way, ok?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Every time I had the displeasure of working with the RA, I was thoroughly unimpressed with 11B zeros. Dirt darts are kinda funny that way.
Yeah I suspect cleaning their toilets at Pope while they went off to carry the load would get annoying for someone who has a problem getting a coffee machine to work. But then again cleaning the toilets with the wet end in your hands was probably tough as well. How long did it take to figure out the mop?

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Air Force
1997-2001
had a line number for Sergeant, but got out (good timing, eh?)
Security Forces
Guarded nukes in Wyoming
Guarded General Jumper and VIPs in Germany.

Got sent to Paris (yeah, I know, tough gig), London, Luxembourg, and Bucharest.

All I got was a lousy beret.

No, this isn't me, this is after I was in the same unit:

I do know these guys:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Yeah, honestly I cant say it really broke my heart not to get certified, although I ended up in the armpit, no, the 'taint, of California because of it...