Quantcast

Military (past & present) Monkey's

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I got in trouble with our 1st. Sgt once on a room inspection. I had my hockey bag full of gear in my wall locker, and he thought I had either a wet goat (Makes for a fun weekend!) or a dead body stashed in the locker...
It may have smelled a little bit.

Jeronimo

Monkey
Jul 11, 2006
behind that boulder
Beer? What kind?
Remember, this is pre-micro brew times...

Spudweiser at the least, but normally Heineken or if the package store had it, Pilsner Urquell. My favorite at the time though was Samuel Smith's Old Brewery Pale Ale, but I couldn't find it in the Fayettenam area. During Volant Rodeo, the selection was always German.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So you remained a plausibly personally reliable person? I had to research the PRP program - I had never heard of it.
For the record, I never got caught either. I have ADD, and the government has this weird hang up about putting us ADD types around "special"weapons. I dont know wh...hey look, something shiny!
:biggrin: :biggrin:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Air Force cops/AP's/SP's are not generally the brightest bulbs in the box... hey, if nothing else, you can always wave cars thru the main gate...

:p

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Active Navy from '91 to '93, Radioman E4 (RM3)
Navy Reserve from '98 to '03, Radioman is now Information Technology E5 (IT2)
Transfered to Oregon National Guard OCS prgram (what a joke that was) ETS in 29 days bitches!

Been some cool places, done some cool stuff, New Orleans last year SUCKED!

Vandal

Chimp
Mar 3, 2005
I'm currently a disbursing/sales officer in the Navy. It's not very exciting. We've been deployed since August. The only good thing about being stationed in Norfolk is the whole load of nice trails with sweet jumps in the area. :biggrin:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
USMC infantry officer for 7 years. Forgot to mention that earlier. Now moved on to another occupation.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
US Army 1989-1992
82nd Airborne
1/504th PIR
Ranger
Operation "Just Cause" Panama 1989 (combat jump)
Operation "Desert Storm" 1990-92 (numerous tailgate jumps, and a couple air assult insertions)

-bq

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
(Right...you wouldnt know the truth if it kicked you in the balls.
HAHA!!!

wait a sec... lemme ask the 2 MSgts from MUNS, the MSgt from CE and the SSgt from COM visiting me here in my office what they think about SP's...

Well... it's unanimous! SP's are the lowest of the low...

The Sgt from COM said he'd rather his sister become a prostitue than date an SP.

:p:p:p

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
before i reclassed from pararescue into computer programmer (1991), SP's had a minumum ASVAB rqmnt of 29 (out of 100); food handler was also 29.

i'm just sayin'...

anyone here wanna order a marine calendar?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So N8, you are on RM on government time? Nice...someone get an irate taxpayer on the line!
And CE, MUNS and COMM? Wow, really picking the cream of the crop there. They hate us until they need us, and then we cant get there fast enough to clean up their messes. Most of which they make themselves...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
So N8, you are on RM on government time? Nice...someone get an irate taxpayer on the line!
And CE, MUNS and COMM? Wow, really picking the cream of the crop there. They hate us until they need us, and then we cant get there fast enough to clean up their messes. Most of which they make themselves...
we have a saying here in our design firm...

"We can't make it SP proof, but we can try.."

But seriously, kudos to any military Monkey, past or present...

:)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
"Reclassed" means he couldnt hang. I went through the "pipeline" for CCT...talk about an a$$whuppin! One seperated shoulder later, and I was watching planes rot...could have been worse.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
A lot of guys were "recycled" or dropped all together that were in my Ranger class. Some due to injuries (recycled), but most just didn't have the mental strength to block out the pain of Ranger school and just called it quit's. Call me lucky or call me a bad-ass, either way I made it through the first go around. Either way, I'm a Ranger, and always will be.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
At what point did you "reclass" from PJs? Did you have a career-ending injury?
pretty much what JohnE said, but mine was a hernia (looked like a third nut). just when i pretty much put all that behind me, i'm watching discovery channel & my bunkie (kubik), who i always crushed in all parts of the physical evals (except for running) & another ex-team member ware spotlighted for an hour on the discovery channel for some balkan "incident" involving some pretty heavy stuff.

after some googling, he's apparently still a CC: http://www.specialtactics.com/f16rescue.shtml

but i still have both my knees (minus one medial meniscus)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I wouldn't worry too much about what N8 says. His whole military career consisted of changing light bulbs. The closest he got to a weapon was a butter knife in the mess. He did however enjoy showering with other men when the chance arose.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I wouldn't worry too much about what N8 says. His whole military career consisted of changing light bulbs. The closest he got to a weapon was a butter knife in the mess. He did however enjoy showering with other men when the chance arose.
I was never in the Aussie Army, no.

Jeronimo

Monkey
Jul 11, 2006
behind that boulder
"Reclassed" means he couldnt hang. I went through the "pipeline" for CCT...talk about an a$$whuppin! One seperated shoulder later, and I was watching planes rot...could have been worse.
Much more gnarly than the Banzai Pipeline. At least you didn't become an "Airborne Bus Driver", which was the joke in '82 somewhat based on reality for those who quit while in the pipeline. Medical disqualifications were another matter, especially if they had already completed the Combat Control Operator course at Keesler. They usually ended up in a tower, or as a scope dope. Then again, ATC school eliminated all of those "jocks" without a brain, or the ability to multitask. Because of ATC, I'd wager CCT is the toughest to get into academically.

Both PJs and CCT are completely volunteer career fields, meaning anyone can get out any time they wish to. Medical disqualifications after completing training and during a career are sometimes the cause for reclassification or even early retirement.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
the medial meniscus is a crutch, ha, fvck that. ive never blow out a knee, but i hear its some of the wost pain you can ever experience
when i blew it out, i redefined what "crying like a little bitch" meant. i gained a better appreciation for people who use power tools to implement torture at the joints.

now that you've all seen my fleshy vagina, on to a good AF slacker story:

for a solid year ('97-ish), i was changing light bulbs & rearranging furniture & cubewalls while my unit was being decommissioned. took 2 hr lunches at the gym & had nerf-o-lympics of varying types. applied for separation 3 times & was rejected b/c my AFSC of programmer was a specialty with a re-enlistment bonus.

good times.

Big_Papa1080

Village Idiot
Dec 10, 2001
Fairbanks, Alaska
on to a good AF slacker story:

for a solid year ('97-ish), i was changing light bulbs & rearranging furniture & cubewalls while my unit was being decommissioned. took 2 hr lunches at the gym & had nerf-o-lympics of varying types. applied for separation 3 times & was rejected b/c my AFSC of programmer was a specialty with a re-enlistment bonus.

good times.
horray for sham jobs. the military just wouldnt be the same without them.