Quantcast

Military's M855 rifle rounds are not powerful enough for close-in fighting

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
What has baldie above got to do with curls? I was talking about Dina Meyer, the girl who joined the infantry because of Roughneck Rico. Denise Richards is really nice in the picture above, but in the movie she wasn't hot or slutty enough to match Dina.

Sure took my time looking for the right picture :D and both these were quite outstanding, the first because of her hotness, the second speaks for it self.

Attachments

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
i honestly dont know why armed forces the world over use 5.56 sized ammo other than low weight for transport. small rounds get blown around by the wind and have very little stopping power. the only effective one i'v come across is the south african R4, the bullets tumble and leave a key-hole shaped wound at a high enough velocity to destroy any arteries within a 3inch radius and leave a massive exit wound. 7.62 nato is the way to go though, its great to know that your round can get through that tree that terrorist is hiding behind. not to mention, everybody knows, bigger recoil means more stopping power.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I take it as you like my thoughts on this subject. :D
Well, to be honest, it's just that to an American, "Curly" will always mean that bald guy. (You know "The 3 Stooges?") None of us knew you were talking about a hot chick.

But the pics were nice to see, too...

i honestly dont know why armed forces the world over use 5.56 sized ammo other than low weight for transport. small rounds get blown around by the wind and have very little stopping power. the only effective one i'v come across is the south african R4, the bullets tumble and leave a key-hole shaped wound at a high enough velocity to destroy any arteries within a 3inch radius and leave a massive exit wound. 7.62 nato is the way to go though, its great to know that your round can get through that tree that terrorist is hiding behind. not to mention, everybody knows, bigger recoil means more stopping power.
Yeah they need to make an m4 in a .308 or better yet a .300WSM :biggrin:.

the 5.56 is a good rabbit/coyote round.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Well, to be honest, it's just that to an American, "Curly" will always mean that bald guy. (You know "The 3 Stooges?") None of us knew you were talking about a hot chick.

But the pics were nice to see, too...
I bet you're glad I wasn't talking about some bald guy.. :rofl:

The Stooges, I only know of them by name, they seem to have left a great impression on you guys still to this day, they're mentioned quite often. I recon the bald guy was called Curly by the other two, and that they by this has altered the meaning of that word for all of you? Was it a series of films like the Marx Brothers, or a TV series?

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
The R4 round is derived from the same SS109 bullet that the M855 round was.

The rest of what you've said is really not even worth commenting on.

Dina Meyer is way better looking than Denise Richards. Probably less of a whackjob, too.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Dina Meyer all the way. Seriously... I think it comes down to which one is really gonna be awesome in bed? The prissy "I don't want to chip a nail so I'll just lie here" pilot. Or the "Gimme some, and I'll give you some" chick that REALLY knows how to handle a gun?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
that's nothing more than 3rd date nerves. it'll be over before she knows it.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
that's just a callous built up from years of misaddressing the weapon

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I thought you ^^ mentioned her because you thought that SHE could deliver?

And Ultranoob's right, Dina wouldn't have joined the infantry if she was afraid to get wet like a pussycat. That cat's a predator.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I've humped an M1A over in the fun.
Good gun, works like a champ for fighting inside of a city, but goddamn if it isn't heavy.

On the upside, one tap does the job, no .223 power drops to knock them down.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Do you think it works best as a DM weapon, or would everyone be better off humping one? (Or somewhere in the middle...?)

What's your opinion on the M249 in the same circumstances? I know those who love them and those that hate them...

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
This oughta help. Whever you want progress, get the Senate involved...
I hope you're being sarcastic, bro. I don't see how adding 30 more people, who don't know what they're talking about, into the fray is going to help...

Dirt,

Was it a full-length or one of the shorties?

Last edited:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
http://www.liquibyte.com/image/officer.pdf (Warning, graphic photos)

Interesting read.

I LOVE homeboy's necklace and forearm tattoos. Irony in ink on dead flesh. (Slide 15/16)

Goes to show you that nothing is reliable in this world and nothing is necessarily the answer. The dead guy obviously had a fighting mindset, which is the most important aspect of the situation. Note that he had no rounds in the brain-box, which is the only guaranteed way to put someone down.

EDIT: This was found on the Internet and I can't guarantee its veracity...now that I look at it more closely, it has a slightly suspect air to it...

Last edited:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
http://www.liquibyte.com/image/officer.pdf (Warning, graphic photos)

Interesting read.

I LOVE homeboy's necklace and forearm tattoos. Irony in ink on dead flesh. (Slide 15/16)

Goes to show you that nothing is reliable in this world and nothing is necessarily the answer. The dead guy obviously had a fighting mindset, which is the most important aspect of the situation. Note that he had no rounds in the brain-box, which is the only guaranteed way to put someone down.

EDIT: This was found on the Internet and I can't guarantee its veracity...now that I look at it more closely, it has a slightly suspect air to it...

frack!

i bet the cops wished they's have had the .45 acp and the perp has their .40's...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
If you read that report and start wondering what caliber everyone was using, you're completely missing the point. The whole point is that no caliber "works," bigger or smaller.

Pistols are WEAK. ALL OF THEM. If you've got 9mm+, you've got enough power to penetrate the human body, and that's all you need. It's not a rifle and won't cause huge cavitation injuries regardless of caliber.

Gunfights and human reactions to being shot are inherently unpredictable. Even rifles aren't guaranteed to bring anyone down. A bullet of any caliber in the brain will stop a threat. Nothing else is guaranteed.

Shoot repeatedly and as accurately as possible to bring down subject. Train to shoot. Train your mind to fight and to keep fighting. Expect that your adversary has done the same. End of story.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
If you read that report and start wondering what caliber everyone was using, you're completely missing the point. The whole point is that no caliber "works," bigger or smaller.

Pistols are WEAK. ALL OF THEM. If you've got 9mm+, you've got enough power to penetrate the human body, and that's all you need. It's not a rifle and won't cause huge cavitation injuries regardless of caliber.

Gunfights and human reactions to being shot are inherently unpredictable. Even rifles aren't guaranteed to bring anyone down. A bullet of any caliber in the brain will stop a threat. Nothing else is guaranteed.

Shoot repeatedly and as accurately as possible to bring down subject. Train to shoot. Train your mind to fight and to keep fighting. Expect that your adversary has done the same. End of story.
Oop... by .45 i'm sure i meant 00 buck shot...

:p

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
There once was a fight between two meth dealers...

Dealer #1 was sitting in his car. Dealer #2 snuck up behind him with a shotgun. He fired a 12ga slug (yes, slug) through the rear window, through the seat, through the chest of Dealer #1 and into the dash board of his car.

Dealer #1 exited his car and managed to beat Dealer #2 to death with his bare hands before succombing to his wound.

30 years of using MILES gear and paintball has tought us that when we're hit we should just lay down, give up, and yell "medic!". Unfortunately, the bad guys have missed out on this high tech training.

Officially I teach a 4x1 response, but personally I'm a big fan of the NSR.